Oh joy

Daydream believer

Visit site
I recall one very hot sunday at St lawrence bay. I counted at least 15 jetskis & people were complaining about their antics. But when we watched from the club bridge it was 3 jet ski drivers that were causing mayhem close in to the shore amongst swimmers & cadet sailors in the 8 kt speed limit area. They were stirring up the water & a crowd were playing with them. They had 4*4s on the beach, which was frowned upon & now prevented by the removal of the public ramp.
However, the remaining jetskis were having fun, well out in the bay causing no one any bother. Their noise was not really an issue . Especially considering the radios blasting from the 4*4s on the beach.
It is often just a few who cause the trouble. Jet skis can be a source of fun. But I am not a jet ski user & see little point in them. It is just the way some use them & in some ways we should not just ban them out of hand. Nor should we tar them all with the same brush. Any attempt to train the users, or have organised outings should be applauded

johnalison

Visit site
That sounds very optimistic. Just like cars, they will always be driven by a range of individuals and any large group will always have a significant proportion of those with no consideration for others. Except when going slowly, noise will always be a potential problem, even when not used irresponsibly, unless some new technology comes in.