Off to USA ....

Lizzie_B

Bermuda since 2017. Formerly Emsworth and Bedford.
Visit site
I'm off to the US of A on 11th April to get the old girl out of her winter dress and do a few pre season jobs - may even go for a sail /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
an000.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

Is there anyone would like me to bring back anything easily carriable from the states for them??

Also, if anyone is around the Chesapeake Bay area 11th to 25th be glad to hook up for a beer or three. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
You really shouldn't make offers like that when USA prices on electronics is so much higher than here , I could do with a radome to go with my xmas pressie chart plotter but that might be a bit bulky for hand luggage

Lizzie_B

Visit site
Methinks the latness of the hour speaketh. Why would you want to pay more /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Seriously - anything that can easily be fitted into a suitcase and is within about 10 kilo weight will be ok as most of what I take out will be left on the boat. DefenderUS sometimes do good deals on blocks etc.

Sixpence

Visit site
I'm sure I can think of something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but only a woman would buy one of these

tn_07-04-07005.jpg

without the cables

tn_07-04-07007.jpg

or cartridge

tn_07-04-07006.jpg

let alone the other parts it needs to make it work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Oih , you aint seen the other stuff she got me but didn't get all of it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif so stop takin the peepee /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

altair2

Visit site
Is that St Michael's lighthouse in the 2nd picture? I kept a boat at Oxford 25 years ago and have fond memories of eating buckets of hard shell crabs on the quayside there, with nothing more than a mallet and a sheet of newspaper. Is it still as good?

Lizzie_B

Visit site
Yes. It's St Michaels. Lighthouse now forms part of the Maritime Museum.

It has become a bit 'twee' and touristized, but there is still a very good crabhouse near the museum.

Picture was taken at oyster festival at beginning of November.
There was a whole bunch of yachts full of cadets from USNA tied up on the museum dock so had to go into the marina and walk round. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif