Ocean Signal ATB1 wifi AIS unit and Navionics.

eddystone

Visit site
Been trying to sort out problems with an Ocean Signal ATB1 recently fitted to my boat. It's hard wired to my Garmin GPS map750 chart plotter but I wanted to display targets on my Android tablets running Boating app/Navionics (and Memory map for All). I haven't been able to do this so far and I've got an ongoing conversation with Ocean Signal support but wondered if anyone had experience of pairing with wifi AIS units in Navionics?

eddystone

Visit site
I think my problem is more specific to the options for pairing with other devices within the Boating app. The Android tablet (Sailproof 10") itself will connect with the AIS wifi unit so the problem isn't hardware related and the Ocean Signal unit is listed in Navionics data sheet as a compatible AIS WiFi device

Last edited:

KompetentKrew

Visit site
You no doubt have to add the IP address / port of the Ocean Signal ATB1 as a data source in the app on the Android tablet.

Here are some links showing how it's done in OpenCPN: one - two

It doesn't matter than one of those is a Garmin Watch and the other some Digital Yacht device - they're just sources of NMEA data on the network; AIS targets are just NMEA data.

In the app on your Android device you need to find the dialogue / option to add a network data source. Then you need to find the IP address of the Ocean Signal ATB1 and the port number. From page 21 of the manual these may be 192.168.4.1 and port 24000 respectively. The IP address may change; the port number for the service will always be the same, but I don't find the manual very clear.