Obtuse vendor or pendantic purchaser?

quaelgeist2

Visit site
Charles,

Look at the facts
- boat has been on the market for long
- they are not only trying to hide the previous owners, but even obvious facts like the SSR (which has to be displayed well visible -> go there and you will have it)
- any statement at this time reg the titles and savings on her are plainly irrelevant as not made binding

Why would they not divulge it, having a concrete lead (you) to sell the boat after all ? Only if tehre is something to hide.

What to do ? Tell us the name: I bet a tenner thereis someone here who knows it, knows them etc. Best - it confirms all is fine. Worst - you know it stinks or they see it and are pissed off -> in which case you dont want the deal anyway.

so - we are waiting
chris

<hr width=100% size=1>

CharlesM

Visit site
Chris

I am in the process of laying down the law. I am coaching it in polite language, but leaving no doubt about what I expect and that I will walk unless everything is complied with.

I believe it may very likely result in my withdrawing from the deal (thank god they farted around so long that I had time to investigate issues further before signing anything).

Anyway, I do not believe it would be proper to name the boat, although I am tempted. :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

cliff

Visit site
The seller's identity and "odd" behaviour is not public knowledge and releasing either the seller's name or boat name to the public could be seen as defaming the owner and in addition prejudice any court action.

Reference to Jimi's situation regarding his recent "problem"

<hr width=100% size=1>
hammer.thumb.gif

LeonF

Visit site
Would the same apply if one had a lousy survey having been told by the owners all was hunky dory ? I know there can be defects one is unaware of but a truly honourable vendor would at least ring and apologise etc. I was buying a Pegasus 800 some years ago. Owner swore there was nothing wrong but I was suspicious when he made a comment about getting anti-fouling to stick on. Went ahead. Galloping osmosis between where previous osmosis had been patched with epoxy etc. 6' crack on port bow and that was just the start. I walked away and intervened with the next purchaser by chance on this site. he was asking for info on the class. Turned out to be the same boat and again, now having been told the results of my survey, nothing had been said. Then saw the boat with broker in Portsmouth. Asked about it and they said nothing in file about problems or work having been done. I was sorely tempted to post the name of the boat here. Would I have been open to trouble ?

<hr width=100% size=1>L.A.R.Ferguson

Joe_Cole

Visit site
Leon,

Of course you wouldn't...so long as what you said was true!

Neither would Charles be defaming the vendor......so long as what he has been saying is true (and I'm sure that it is). The vendor might not like him going public but they couldn't do a thing about it. You can't defame somebody by telling the truth about them.

However, if Charles wishes to be discrete about it, then I think that we should respect his wishes.

<hr width=100% size=1>