Obligatory guess the marina

Seastoke

Visit site
I was going to say the same 🙂

I met SWMBO in Bangor (NI not Wales) many moons ago. Hunters Bar (now the Red Berry coffee house/eatery) which at that time was just across the road from the actual harbour. That was pre- marina days and a lot has changed but the Pickie pool is still there! 😁
The guy who does boat sales treated me and swimbo like like COVID , we flew in on a Monday with a pre booked view on a Cranchi 39 up for 149k at 10.30 on Tuesday with a survey booked for Thursday ,he did not have time until Wednesday afternoon . First he wanted proof we could buy it showed him 30k cash and he still wanted us to show bank statement. Now can we see the boat yes but the owner can’t make it so we can only see outside , he wants to be there when viewing, can we view first thing Thursday yes 8.30 . View the boat one owner great condition , only accepting asking price . So survey now Friday with sea trial all good shook hands with owner the broker was not there , and he could not see us until sat morning . So we rock up on Saturday sat in reception for an hour after our 9 am appointment waiting to finalise the deal . First words he said good morning and by the way the owner has changed his mind . What a tosser. But the great news was we flew back into Manchester jumped in the car went Burton waters , Thames , Norfolk , Boats ,and next day back to Burton for our boat we have now which is a F42/5 a far better boat than the Cranki and the service from Burtons was superb alsoV Paul . Maybe it was Meant .

Fire99

Visit site
The guy who does boat sales treated me and swimbo like like COVID , we flew in on a Monday with a pre booked view on a Cranchi 39 up for 149k at 10.30 on Tuesday with a survey booked for Thursday ,he did not have time until Wednesday afternoon . First he wanted proof we could buy it showed him 30k cash and he still wanted us to show bank statement. Now can we see the boat yes but the owner can’t make it so we can only see outside , he wants to be there when viewing, can we view first thing Thursday yes 8.30 . View the boat one owner great condition , only accepting asking price . So survey now Friday with sea trial all good shook hands with owner the broker was not there , and he could not see us until sat morning . So we rock up on Saturday sat in reception for an hour after our 9 am appointment waiting to finalise the deal . First words he said good morning and by the way the owner has changed his mind . What a tosser. But the great news was we flew back into Manchester jumped in the car went Burton waters , Thames , Norfolk , Boats ,and next day back to Burton for our boat we have now which is a F42/5 a far better boat than the Cranki and the service from Burtons was superb alsoV Paul . Maybe it was Meant .
Blimey when was this? Is this the brokerage / yard next door to the marina? I have to say I generally get on pretty well with them... I bought my boat through them :D

Seastoke

Visit site
Blimey when was this? Is this the brokerage / yard next door to the marina? I have to say I generally get on pretty well with them... I bought my boat through them :D
Well it was March 2018 , he was a biggish guy from England . He was from the sarf , as always they believe that past Watford Gap there is no brain or Money , erm ye they are right.

Seastoke

Visit site
We enjoyed Bangor ,cold in March but good boozers good marina , when we were talking money etc , he kept saying excuse me while went and sold a electric voucher for the Marina , then one of the yard men would come in and ask if he had a min and off he would go. Me moan.

Fire99

Visit site
Well it was March 2018 , he was a biggish guy from England . He was from the sarf , as always they believe that past Watford Gap there is no brain or Money , erm ye they are right.
That's a little before my time. Could be the same guy. I didn't darken Bangor's door until 2020 and made the huge journey of about 200metres from the brokerage to the marine in 2021 ... It was quite the passage plan.. :D