Nurturing a good sailing wife 2

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
Marine-ads-224x300.jpg

I promised last time around that I would post the article from Small Craft Advisor

for the hard of reading ... it is 1000 words

http://www.keepturningleft.co.uk/sailing-around-britain/how-to-nurture-a-good-sailing-wife-2/

women_sailing.jpg

thanks for your help chaps

D

Quandary

Visit site
My strategy to a tee, concise and well presented, but can I request that publication is restricted, I would be finished if she ever read this.

dylanwinter

My strategy to a tee, concise and well presented, but can I request that publication is restricted, I would be finished if she ever read this.

strangely enough Small Craft Advisor dropped through the letterbox yesterday

I came back from dig walk and she was reding it in the litchen

She said this magazine is full of mad people

then she saw my column and asked if she should read this?

I said probably not

so she went ahead and read it anyway

bumma

D

Saguday

Visit site
I got my missus started in dinghies, we basically both learned to sail together. Seems to have worked and we've been sailing together for 25 years (sometimes in silence it has to be said, so the bigger the boat the better)

However I will never forget the verbal abuse I suffered if I stuffed up a gybe and tipped her in the water...

Birdseye

Visit site
strangely enough Small Craft Advisor dropped through the letterbox yesterday

I came back from dig walk and she was reding it in the litchen

She said this magazine is full of mad people

then she saw my column and asked if she should read this?

I said probably not

so she went ahead and read it anyway

bumma

D

Basic error. The correct reply would have been " yes you should read this article my dearly beloved. You need to know how to repair the boat engine in case you decide to go single handing". She would have instantly found something more interesting to read.

dylanwinter

Basic error. The correct reply would have been " yes you should read this article my dearly beloved. You need to know how to repair the boat engine in case you decide to go single handing". She would have instantly found something more interesting to read.

excellent..... that is my problem..... slow witted

Last edited:

Victoria Sponge

Visit site
Good read :cool:

The commodore of a club we belonged to had his own method. He sailed with his mistress whilst his wife kept herself busy breeding and showing dogs. When we first joined we were taken discreetly on one side and given the nod about the "arrangements". I must confess I found the entire situation hilarious.

Birdseye

Visit site
Good read :cool:

The commodore of a club we belonged to had his own method. He sailed with his mistress whilst his wife kept herself busy breeding and showing dogs. When we first joined we were taken discreetly on one side and given the nod about the "arrangements". I must confess I found the entire situation hilarious.

WE had a similar arrangement in our club but it was all in the open. He had a sailing wife and a home wife. Odd thing was he was 60 at the time so you would have thought he mnight have learned by then. Nevertheless we had many occasions of having to deny top wife 1 that he was on board his boat with wife 2 on the moorings.

Wife 1 was a bit put upon. Fitting out one year, she was up the mast with hubbie and a pal doing the necessary on the halyards. A sudden heavy showere came along and the guys legged it for the clubhouse leaving her up there until it stopped. Hell to pay! But bloody funny for the rest of us.

johnalison

Visit site
I met a lady colleague who I had studied with, a few years ago. Although a non-sailor herself, she told me that her husband was commodore of a certain Royal Yacht Club and that I should introduce myself if I was going that way. A few months later I went to the bar of the said club and asked the barman if this cove was around. "I'm afraid not, sir, he is sailing in the Channel Isles with his, er, lady".