New ovnis

wklein

Visit site
Not neccisarily, the old ones were pretty spacious if not quite as open. I suspect the change in style is due to reducing number of welds and bends for financial reasons

Sailfree

Visit site
Would be interesting to know if they have actually sold any. I follow RM yachts on Facebook and they definitely seem to be selling high 10s of yachts a year. I wonder what the figures are for rustler, gt etc over here?!

Was looking at a 42' RM yacht in Guernsey and wondered what thickness ply they used for the hull. Any idea?

Tranona

Visit site
Was looking at a 42' RM yacht in Guernsey and wondered what thickness ply they used for the hull. Any idea?

The 1020 was 18mm and glass epoxy sheathed. Suspect the 1200 that you saw would be 25mm - but the hull does not take keel and rigging loads as there is a galvanised steel frame inside.

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
I think the Evolution was built (or at least offered) alongside the "traditional" Ovnis for a while. I suspected it was the result of someone requesting a custom design and said design hen becoming available for "production" as the expensive bits had all been done.

ionbard

Visit site
It's of a similar design to Jimmy Cornell's latest boat; I don't like either. I do like the current crop of standard ovnis, though, but would take a boreal in preference (not that either is likely at present...)