new Moody 45 DSe

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
You cant stay the same for ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonsense /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif If a design works, don't mess with it.

Very few original ideas actually catch on.

phanakapan

Visit site
I think it's ugly. Yuk.

But I like the idea of being in charge of the galley AND the helm And the navigation-

oh hang on I am anyway...

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
needs another mast..

helm must get a cricked neck after any time, surely a catamaran type high chair to peep over the saloon would be better than hanging to the rail. A boat like this is not going to spend her time on her chines?

Don't like the open transom, don't like open transoms. don't mind gates, but not a big void of frantic arm waving looking for purchase before you take a swim.

otherwise, I quite like the idea. But I like fishers, so go figure...

wotayottie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The sales blurb says

"This latest model has a totally new look for the brand,"

Well it would wouldn't it, its an Elan, so it is going to look different to anything previously designed as a Moody.
The only thing that is the same is the name.
Or am I being picky!

[/ QUOTE ]

No your not in reality . OK its Hanse not Elan - but its stopped being a boat and started being a brand. I dont want to buy a brand - I can produce my own marketing bullshit. Instead I want a boat built by British craftsmen.

bazobeleza

faro, portugal, & Liverpool for my sins, this year
Visit site
British craftsmen? Aren't they all Polish now. The good british craftsmen are probably now all retired or dead and with the college courses replacing apprenticeships, will never be replaced save for a few artisans who we'll never be able to afford.

If this boat is ever built it will probably be outsourced to taiwan or some such place.

Whitelighter

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Instead I want a boat built by British craftsmen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're sh!t out of luck there.

Even when Moody where owned by the Moody family don't kid yourself they were built in a shed round the back of the yard at Swanick. We bought 2 in the 90's, and as good as they were they were still mass produced - at the time by Plymouth Marine Projects. Hulls, joinery etc all done on a C&C machine befor being put together like a jigsaw.

Well made - yes. Crafted? Not on your life.

Duffer

Visit site
It looks like the illegitimate love-child of a Wally and a Princess - and that is being kind. There is no place for patio doors on a sailing monohull. Maybe with the increase in the cost of diesel we will see more motorboats take out their large heavy engines to create more room and nail a mast to the deck! At least it should reduce their wash. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif And that Dufour is hideous - thankfully I haven't seen one before.

Seven Spades

Visit site
Don't you get it, it's not aimed at us, it is aimed at female yotties.

The unique concept is one of being able to watch what is on the gas instead of paying attention to where one is going.

wotayottie

Visit site
Not completely true jezbanks. Very nearly bought a Southerly a couple of years ago, and went round the yard several times. No doubt at all that they employed craftsmen - the woodwork was better even than the Swedish boats.

Mind you they were British craftsmen - tools fasteners etc dropped all over the floor and the place a bit untidy to be polite.

Skents

www.theiguana.co.uk
It is totally hideous and so is your underestimation of "female yotties". I suppose you think the only reason Ellen MacArthur made it round the world so fast was she didn't have any blokes on board to cook for.

Not sure what sort of women you've sailed with but with that sort of attitude you'd probably be lucky to find any females who'd want to go on a boat with you.

There are women (and guys) who can happily sail, cook and appreciate a fine looking vessel all at the same time!

Seven Spades

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It is totally hideous and so is your underestimation of "female yotties". I suppose you think the only reason Ellen MacArthur made it round the world so fast was she didn't have any blokes on board to cook for.

Not sure what sort of women you've sailed with but with that sort of attitude you'd probably be lucky to find any females who'd want to go on a boat with you.

There are women (and guys) who can happily sail, cook and appreciate a fine looking vessel all at the same time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a life if you haven't got a sense of humour go and find something better to do. Anyone with half a brain can see my post was tongue in cheek.