New marina Ikaria, Greece.

Cspirit

Visit site
We were in Ag Kirikos a few weeks ago and saw that there is a new and almost completed marina about fifty metres north east of the town. The quays, mooring bollards and marina office/shower building were all in place and workers appeared to be actively finishing off the project. We were told that this was scheduled to be open in July but now I'm back in the UK I can't find any info on this. Does anyone have any info or contact details? Thanks, Bob

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
We were in Ag Kirikos a few weeks ago and saw that there is a new and almost completed marina about fifty metres north east of the town. The quays, mooring bollards and marina office/shower building were all in place and workers appeared to be actively finishing off the project. We were told that this was scheduled to be open in July but now I'm back in the UK I can't find any info on this. Does anyone have any info or contact details? Thanks, Bob

I have been searching this today and your post is the best information I have been able to find! I have found a phone number for the harbour master, 0275 22207 who might be able to answer your question. I have not rung as it is unclear whether we will visit.

Sol68

Visit site
I am here now, the marina doesn't have electricity and showers yet. Officially is not working but you can use it.
Some of the pillars have water. Good shelter from the meltemy.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
We are in it now. Easy at the moment as we are all berthed alongside but when eventually the lazy lines are laid it will be difficult for most to berth stern-to with rings in the seaward wall a metre above the water and no way to reach them from on the wall. The electricity/water pillars are in concrete 'sentry boxes' as close to the edge as they can be, making line handling even more problematic.

Supposedly there are to be berths for 70 yachts but hopefully some will be very small. The main basin measures 88 x 36 metres with a gap on the landward side to the inner basin that is 25 x 58 metres including a slipway and lifting basin.

anterak

Visit site
Hello, i'm also searching information about this new marina which will be on my way on my aegean travel trip from East (Turkey) to West (Athenes). Do you have more info ? Is it possible to fill gasoline ? (Not diesel)

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Hello, i'm also searching information about this new marina which will be on my way on my aegean travel trip from East (Turkey) to West (Athenes). Do you have more info ? Is it possible to fill gasoline ? (Not diesel)

In August there were no facilities other than water to some pillars. However there is a fishing fleet and tripper boats in the old port and these must be fuelled somehow, I guess by mini-tanker. There is a filling station half a mile up the road who can supply you (we fuelled a hire car there) but it might be from cans.

anterak

Visit site
Thx for the quick answer. I got 55 Nm to do to reach Ag. Kirykos, that's mean 165 L of gasoline. I have 2 x 20 L can. So i'll have to go 4 times to the Ellin gas station which is very close to the center. That's really possible

Cspirit

Visit site
We were there about ten days ago. Still not fully operational but you can berth alongside if there’s space and there is even water at a few of the service points. No charge yet but no electricity. Generally pretty safe and secure but a bit bumpy in a strong NEasterly. Bob

Irish Rover

Visit site
We were there about ten days ago. Still not fully operational but you can berth alongside if there’s space and there is even water at a few of the service points. No charge yet but no electricity. Generally pretty safe and secure but a bit bumpy in a strong NEasterly. Bob
Thanks. Is it mainly local long term boats there or would there be a chance to get alongside in mid July if arriving early in the day?

Cspirit

Visit site
A mixture of local and long term plus those passing through. You can also berth in the old harbour - just a couple of places there. Of course July/August will be busier so you might need to arrive early.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

That is just as it was when we were last there two years ago. Rumour is the development will go no further.

Sol68

Visit site
I think mid July you will have no problem at all, if you have a tender you can anchor at Faros, at the east end of the island, very good tavernas and 2 small bars ashore. I will be there around mid August.