New ePropulsion eLite?

fredrussell

Visit site
I love that battery lasts “up to” one minute in sport mode and that for some reason they decided to omit that from their battery life chart!!

Grumpydev

Visit site
Saw it at BoatLife, its nice and light, but even the guy on the stand said it really didn't make sense for most people as its underpowered and has a much smaller battery.

dgadee

Visit site
They must have done their market research, though? The larger unit was very popular - if too expensive for me.

Bouba

Visit site
It has some really nice features....I’d like to see a way of securing it with a lock....would be very nice for inland waters

dgadee

Visit site
Almost £1000. Integrated battery, not so good.
It might have found a market if it came with two batteries and a 12v charger.
I presume it doesn't float. That seemed a big advantage to the larger unit for anyone with butter fingers.

Bouba

Visit site
I presume it doesn't float. That seemed a big advantage to the larger unit for anyone with butter fingers.
The other ePropulsion battery does....so they know the importance of floating....I’d be surprised if it didn’t

lustyd

Visit site
It has some really nice features....I’d like to see a way of securing it with a lock....would be very nice for inland waters
you don't love the one click easy steal function? I had the exact same thought! :ROFLMAO:

justanothersailboat

Visit site
500w is only a bit less than the small Torqeedo's 600 which is surprisingly plenty for a smallish tender.

1 minute of sport mode is 1 minute before the heat management kicks in, not 1 minute of battery. Not sure I see the point.

And so light, that its defence against theft is that it's easy to just bring with you. I can see this having a useful niche for quite a few people, but will that sell enough of them?

Sea Change

Visit site
Or compare it to 12 V saltwater trolling motor for $350. Minnkota's been making those for generations.
I think you get what you pay for. I used a trolling motor for a year or so and it fell apart. I didn't take very good care of it admittedly.

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
How do they compare in terms of push?
The same. Same watts, built for low speeds.

There are differences between seawater and freshwater trolling motors.

---

I'm sure they will suit someone, perhaps with a choke-phobia or very modest needs. Most of us will be happier with small gas motors. My feeling, though, is that if that will do it ... so will a paddle or oars.

MikeBz

Visit site
Hopefully we’ll get some real user feedback before too long. On the face of it 0.7hp max doesn’t sound like much. The claim of 3.7mph at half throttle for a single person driving an 8ft aluminium dinghy (total weight 117kg), in calm conditions, sounds ample for folks pottering to and from their mooring in a little flubber but one wonders whether that’s optimistic when deploying 0.35hp. I hope we get some real user feedback as I would be interested if the claims are realistic. Having the whole thing designed as a rudder makes a lot of sense, like the Temo 1000 but at 40% of the price (and 50% of the power).

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Hopefully we’ll get some real user feedback before too long. On the face of it 0.7hp max doesn’t sound like much. The claim of 3.7mph at half throttle for a single person driving an 8ft aluminium dinghy (total weight 117kg), in calm conditions, sounds ample for folks pottering to and from their mooring in a little flubber but one wonders whether that’s optimistic when deploying 0.35hp. I hope we get some real user feedback as I would be interested if the claims are realistic. Having the whole thing designed as a rudder makes a lot of sense, like the Temo 1000 but at 40% of the price (and 50% of the power).
Hopefully will get there eventually. I'm in the market for a lawnmower at the moment
and the stand alone electric models are are about £350 to £500 . Economies of scale will work there way through but at the moment they are only suitable for small to medium size lawns. Being a play sailor my garden has lots of lawn but very few flowers beds.

Last edited: