New boat!

Mr Googler

Visit site
Now it’s time to put it back on the trailer and find another project.

there’s a Sunseeker XPS 34 I know about that would fit on my trailer. Pair of kad44’s. Been proper buggered up by a so call “engineer”…needs a lot of work ???

Hot Property

Visit site
cheers for that info.

to be honest….I wouldn’t look at props until I know everything else is right. This was my first run out. I have a feeling the cooling system needs a proper flush clean which would help the intercooler after the s/c. Although I’ve added fresh fuel and treatments….there’s still aged petrol in the tanks. I had a knackered coil too but this could have been dragged down by a aged spark plug so a few things to go through before re propping. Playing with props is a black and expensive art ?

Agreed you seem to have a few things to do first. When I bought Zoom I had to use brick acid to remove the thick limescale on the props. Didn't know if they were Ali or stainless steel!!!

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Jamie, before you come to Conwy could you straighten up your anchor please.
Had boats in Conwy for 3 years, was a member of NWCC and had a mooring in the river. Done that, been there, see no reason to go back. I doubt there is anyone I know there now.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Well…..I give plenty of stick so time for me to take some.

I was sure the smart craft fuel level sender for the main tank was faulty as I’d added 180 litres and it hadn’t moved.

I traced wiring, checked configuration but no luck.

Set about removing the sender today via 2 small inspection panels. Right PITA job with very stiff screw type bolts. Got it out….moved the float up the shaft…..sender works.

All that was needed was more fuel! ???

I found the tank plate and I got the capacity wrong. It’s 1097 litres main and 113 litres reserves x 2!

That’s 1323 litres of petrol capacity! They usually come with just the single main tank so this must have been special order. 100 litres per hour at 30 knots gives a range of close to 400 miles. Bit OTT for a speed boat. Anyway….saved money on a new sender so every cloud ?

BruceK

Visit site
That’s 1323 litres of petrol capacity! They usually come with just the single main tank so this must have been special order. 100 litres per hour at 30 knots gives a range of close to 400 miles. Bit OTT for a speed boat. Anyway….saved money on a new sender so every cloud ?

That's the same as the Formula. I wonder if that is a Gulf boat's standard range?

Mr Googler

Visit site
That's the same as the Formula. I wonder if that is a Gulf boat's standard range?
Could well be ?

Don’t worry about safety concerns…it’ll never be full!??

I’ve filled reserves to the brim and will add to the main as required….try to keep that one pretty empty.

BruceK

Visit site
Ja but he only wants a little bomb. Just enough to take out the car park. Any more would be wasteful.