Network Yacht Brokers - Levkas

BurnitBlue

Visit site
They have many boats on their website which were sold long ago. Then after an enquiry they take a week to tell you it has been sold. check it out my latest enquires were for a Snowgoose 37 for £25,000 and a boat stored close to mine a HR 325 for £50,000. Both sold long ago.

IMO a company that entices you into their clutches with false offers are dis-honest,

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
They have many boats on their website which were sold long ago. Then after an enquiry they take a week to tell you it has been sold. check it out my latest enquires were for a Snowgoose 37 for £25,000 and a boat stored close to mine a HR 325 for £50,000. Both sold long ago.

IMO a company that entices you into their clutches with false offers are dis-honest,
If it's the same snowgoese I am thinking off , it been sold quite a while back ,

Irish Rover

Visit site
I met the owner of Network YB socially a couple of times and he seems to be a nice guy but I’ve had no business dealings so I can’t comment. On the other hand there’s not much competition in Lefkas. I had a nightmare experience with Williams and Smithnells and the guy running the place could hardly be described as a nice guy.

AndrewB

Visit site
I can personally recommend Pinnacle Yachts.
You'll struggle to find anyone more enthusiastic, committed and honest than Colin.
Regards.
I had problems with Pinnacle, but maybe they are the best of a bad bunch.

What is it about brokers in Greece. With all those yachts to sell, and it seems plenty of customers, can't they be bothered to do the job properly?

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Plenty of background in previous posts.

I started to think it a totally waste of time people waning other about the brokers around Lefkas .
Their so many posting about these brokers and still people use them then some time later turn up here posting problem .
I agree some have had dealing with them and haven't had any problem , some have even reported how helpful they have been but for everyone there been tens of people who have had nothing but Argo in one kind or another .
If your interested in a boat they have on their books I would insis in having the owner details so you can contact the owner the first sign of a problem .
If they refuse which there a good chance they will , you could try writing a letter to the owner and ask the Marina/ yard to forward it on to the owner of the boat , given your detail and informing him your interested in his boat and wish to talk to him .
This won't work all time but if a owner can't be brother with getting in touch then you have to ask yourself if his boat is for you .

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
Norna Biron has been on NYB's books for 5 months. It took several phone calls and lots of office visits to get the owner (?) to eventually look at the boat before listing her. I gave them access to my apolloduck advert and all photos so that they could easily switch her to their website - it took 6 weeks for her to be listed with them.

David does not respond to e-mails, phone calls, skype messages........
A month ago we asked him to drop the price - no action and no response. A week ago we sacked him and asked for Norna to be taken of the books - no action.

A useless shower of s..t.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Norna Biron has been on NYB's books for 5 months. It took several phone calls and lots of office visits to get the owner (?) to eventually look at the boat before listing her. I gave them access to my apolloduck advert and all photos so that they could easily switch her to their website - it took 6 weeks for her to be listed with them.

A month ago we asked him to drop the price - no action and no response. A week ago we sacked him and asked for Norna to be taken of the books - no action.

That's bloody disgraceful and you're 100% right to highlight it. From my experience as a buyer the other broker in Lefkas Williams and Smithells is no better.

Triple7

Visit site
This was my experience too, although from a buyer's point of view. I wanted to buy a boat but he made it impossible despite having paid my deposit and signed a contract. In the end I pulled out because the boat wasn't available for survey but it took me weeks to recover my deposit. So the boat is sitting there still unsold despite me wanting to buy it. I waisted a huge amount of time. While I was in Lefkas I spoke to a few people about David Rogerson and nobody had a good word to say about him. I bumped into a guy at the ferry terminal who twice tried to buy off him and couldn't get any sense out of him. I also wrote to the owner of the boat I was buying (his address was on the contract) but he is an elderly man and indicated through the broker that he didn't want to deal directly. He obviously is unaware how incompetent David Rogerson is. The other broker in Lefkas also has a bad reputation so I would avoid both.

Caladh

Visit site
Earlier this year I did manage eventually to sell my boat thru NYB Lefkas (Preveza). It wasn't any easy sell but this was no fault of NYB. However as others have indicated the owner of the brokerage was always difficult to get hold, didn't respond to calls or emails and the whole setup seemed very disorganised. I cannot believe you can run a business so inefficiently and yet make money. There must be satisfied clients somewhere but typically is the bad news that gets the press. I wouldn't go anywhere near the "other" UK broker in the area and have no knowledge of Pinnacle but reports seem ok.

sailaboutvic

Visit site

Andy I surprised if you read my report and knowning us you wasted good summer months letting him list it .
They really are all bad news , even the up and coming new once like IBA and Ionian sail who both started a brokers are any better .
Someone really need to start a good brokers someone who care about the sellers and the buyer and they would make a killing .