Network Yacht Brokers - Levkas

TOKOLOSHI

Visit site
Must be a Greek thing! mirroring the state of the Country. The best of Greece being the Taverna` and the Yellow thing in the sky?:rolleyes:

Triple7

Visit site
The Greeks I met were very honest and straight forward. One Greek broker gave me lots of helpful advice with the problem I was having despite there being no financial incentive (YD Yachts). The problem is with lazy feckless ex pats although I suspect you are right about the taverna.

rigman

Visit site
After reading some of the comments here I am a bit surprised. I sold through Williams and Smithells in Lefkas a couple of years ago and Stephen was outstandingly helpful and professional. It was not an easy sale either as the boat switched to an Eastern European flag. I know that Stephen is straight talking and when he values a boat for sale it often disappoints the sellers as they are often unrealistic in their expectations. I suspect this is what puts people in the huff. He also avoids taking on brokerage old boats which realistically no one wants. eg 40 year old moodys etc and boats in bad condition. Know nothing about the other lot professionally except that they seem a very nice couple and are popular in Lefkas.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
After reading some of the comments here I am a bit surprised. I sold through Williams and Smithells in Lefkas a couple of years ago and Stephen was outstandingly helpful and professional. It was not an easy sale either as the boat switched to an Eastern European flag. I know that Stephen is straight talking and when he values a boat for sale it often disappoints the sellers as they are often unrealistic in their expectations. I suspect this is what puts people in the huff. He also avoids taking on brokerage old boats which realistically no one wants. eg 40 year old moodys etc and boats in bad condition. Know nothing about the other lot professionally except that they seem a very nice couple and are popular in Lefkas.

Well some one has to be happy with then now and then ,

Well people have been warned , it's up to them if they use them or not , but no good not taken the warning here then come back and complaining

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
I suspect that this, from the NYB website, might account for the differing experiences from one brokerage to another: "Unlike other brokerage businesses, a Network Yacht Broker is in control of his own company. "

Yes, it is a franchise so the name only gives access to agruably a better marketing effort and has little connection with the level of service an individual franchisee offers. However guess the franchisor could discontinue a franchise if it was damaging the reputation of the name. But while the fees keep rolling in......

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I knew this couple when they first started the business, like many of us their where liveaboard cruisers and away from NYB they nice couple , and I really thought they make a good go of it ,
but some where alone the line his seen to lose he way .
Here the real problem as I see it .
In and around lefkas there many for boats for sale and only a hand full of brokers and these broker all seen to think they can act in a very unprofessional way with so many boat at there feet and seller come to that buyers will just put up with it .
If more people walked away from there shady way of doing business they may pull there socks up and get there act in gear .
But until then if anyone decided to use of them , just bewhere it may not all goes as you expect it .
Although Rigman seems to be happy and I know one other forum member also managed to buy a yacht from another broker and he didn't have any problem .
Ofcause for every one happy customer there many more very unhappy one , where it should be the other way round .
I can only hope there given there customer in they new bar business a better service as unlike brokers there many bar in Lefkas town .

Last edited:

Triple7

Visit site
One person I spoke with got in touch with NYB in the uk and that seemed to help as I guess the threat of losing the franchise is there.

It might be true that the Lefkas brokers are complacent but in the case of NYB he is not able to do the job.

Irish Rover

Visit site
One person I spoke with got in touch with NYB in the uk and that seemed to help as I guess the threat of losing the franchise is there.

It might be true that the Lefkas brokers are complacent but in the case of NYB he is not able to do the job.
Let me assure you complacency is not the problem at Williams and Smithells either. It is sheer incompetence.