nautech autohelm maintenance

secretoflife

Visit site
I own an old nautech autohelm 2000 (tiller model) and understand that it is possible to repair them.
I am unable to open the main unit that houses the compass. Does anyone know how to crack into this "black box".
My problem is that it only corrects course to starboard and not port.
Thanks.

<hr width=100% size=1>

doca

Visit site
Nautech is now owned by Raymarine. You could find relevant information on their web site. There are manual downloads also available. Good luck.

<hr width=100% size=1>

pandroid

www.kissen.co.uk
From my reccollection there were 6 or so screws in the underneath of the unit. The two halves of the case then come apart (with a gasket between them). You can then get to all the gubbins.

Worth a word though. I found ours impossible to repair, and its unlikely that Raymarine will any longer have any spare parts

<hr width=100% size=1>

wooslehunter

Visit site
Raymarine's worth a try for spares. I have an old 800 that I use as a spare. I replaced some of the mechanics last year with spares from Raymarine.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hightech

www.sargentmarine.com
If this is one of the early "barrel" shaped control units, the pick the red nautech label off the top and undo the screw underneath, then lift the compass dial off. Undo the two screws and remove the lid, take care not to drop the compass!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
And once inside I would make checking the cable between the two units for possible breaks a high priority.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple>Ne te confundant illegitimi.</font color=purple>