My first boat - buying tomorrow fingers crossed (advice pls)

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
There's also an all-tides slipway at Chichester Marina (Premier), inside the locked Marina. You will then need to lock out (except free flow times) but a shallow draft sports boat will be OK at pretty much any state of tide. The launch slip also has trailer parking. GFees payable. You'll need a VHF radio to communicate with the lock keepers.

Last edited:

limecc

Visit site
I think the charted datum is correct if a bigger vessel were using their berths. But trailered boats just using the ramp, it's like I said. Plenty of window. Love this slip.
HYC_lowtide.jpgHYC_channel.jpgChichesterHarbour.jpg

Last edited:

limecc

Visit site
Anyway now's the time to get accessories you've possibly not got yet. Such as: (in no particular order)
Handheld vhf with DSC
Imray tide planner app
Towable toy with bridle
GPS Plotter/Sonar
Fenders
Flush muffs
Collapsible hose pipe and nozzle
Anchor, chain and rope
'Anchor buddy' bungee
Self inflating LJ's
Buoyancy aids
Waterproof bags/rucksack/phone wallet
Etc etc

Add to this Keel Guard or similar like Keel Eazy which I got from Amazon. Applied with a hair dryer or heat gun. Essential.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
Add to this Keel Guard or similar like Keel Eazy which I got from Amazon. Applied with a hair dryer or heat gun. Essential.

Thanks... went to amazon to have a look... typed in Keel Guard and got a suggestion to buy this instead ?‍♂️

ALLPOWERS Portable Power Station Portable Solar Generator 606Wh/164000mAh Power Station Backup Lithium Battery Pack Power Supply Pure Sine Wave with DC/AC Inverter for Camping Home Use RV Outdoor

Screenshot_20220119-185416_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220119-185435_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220119-185506_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Nito

Visit site
I was jesting that you may have bought it already ? Edit: don’t know if you need it, can the girls survive without devices? My boys seemingly can’t!!

Roll on this Saturday though, I’m looking forward to it too!!

limecc

Visit site

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
I was jesting that you may have bought it already ? Edit: don’t know if you need it, can the girls survive without devices? My boys seemingly can’t!!

Roll on this Saturday though, I’m looking forward to it too!!

Absolutely not... addicted to their ipads all 3 of them ?... but was hoping more getting outdoors less electronics ?‍♂️

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
All, one more bit of urgent advice required please. I'm going up to Yorkshire but I'm staying up there for a few days whilst the boat will be transported down South to my driveway earlier on the Saturday before I get home.
Albeit we live in an extremely low crime area, how do I get the delivery guys to lock the trailer up if that's possible? Never know... there are always opportunists about.

limecc

Visit site
All, one more bit of urgent advice required please. I'm going up to Yorkshire but I'm staying up there for a few days whilst the boat will be transported down South to my driveway earlier on the Saturday before I get home.
Albeit we live in an extremely low crime area, how do I get the delivery guys to lock the trailer up if that's possible? Never know... there are always opportunists about.
For Craftinsure insurance to cover it, you have to have a wheel clamp and I have a hitchlock too, not that they really deter a thief. Just slow them down or put off the opportunist. You need to confirm the wheel size from the seller, and get a lock ready for them. Maybe leave with a neighbour.

My best defense is my tracker. I'm alerted if it vibrates, or moves out of the Geofence and I can go straight to it and get it back. Also great for tracing your journey on days out.
AroundIoW.png
DB2 Self-Install

Last edited:

Nito

Visit site
I think all you can do is make it as difficult as possible for the opportunist. You can insert a locking toe ball into the hitch and get them to put the key through your door. Also a clamp on the trailer wheel maybe.

I know some people remove the nuts on the wheels or three of them but not convinced that’s wise.

You can also get one of those apple tags or other tracking type device that you can fit to the boat, it relies of other phones about and they’re not too expensive, better than nothing.

limecc

Visit site
Make sure the seller includes the lighting board. When collecting mine I took my LED board from the RIB I had but couldn't use it because the cable length was too short and the new trailer was much wider. First thing I did was to get a 13pin plug on it and upgrade it to LED clusters.

When you get it home you can buy it some nice stainless ratchet straps. You also need a prop cover by law to tow it.

Last edited:

Bigplumbs

Visit site

just take one wheel off the trailer and put that side on an axel stand. Put the wheel in the boot of your car or some other place. And or park a car in front of the boat. Hitch lock can also be a deterrent as can a wheel clamp device