Moving to Power

Cathy*

Visit site
As an older person, when we looked at Sealines I didn't feel safe climbing out to put fenders in and out or tidy up lines. I prefer something with rails all the way round to hang on to.

Soco2

Visit site
I’m still looking! I’m wondering why there are 5 Phantom 38’s on the U.K. market some not sold for 9+ months?
prices differ a lot too? Lowest in Europe £80k and most expensive £135k. A£55k difference! The same price as my old Targa 30!

Greg2

Visit site
just gettin

yep - just going to look around some likely one's- i live west of london so some of the thames brokers are good for looking - not sure if id buy there as need to get the boat to the Sea!!!! been up and don the thames lots of times

Thames might be convenient for looking but my experience has been that every time we travel there to view it has been a triumph of optimism over experience. Boats there just don’t seem to be well looked after - huge generalisation I know but all I can do is share our experience,

I would also say don’t worry about location - current restrictions aside travel to view what might be the right boat and factor moving costs (which aren’t prohibitive) into the equation.

ashtead

Visit site
As a retiring sailor how worried are you about speed versus fuel? Would a more trawler like vessel not offer more space even if princess style looks nice? If you are looking for a steady vessel are green line or linssen not of interest? If you enter your budget, length say12m max in and location guessing you don’t want to travel far have you found any nimbus in locality?

tom52

Visit site
Old sailors going to the dark side often favour Nimbus. You wont get the latest models for £100k but you should have some money left over with a late model 320 coupe.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
The Sealine S38 had some inherent structural problems caused by thin layup in some areas, some of the affected boats were rectified at Sealine's expense by Desty. if you're looking at one make sure you have the evidence from Desty that this was done.

Last edited: