Moving to Lefkas Marina

jordanbasset

Visit site
Hi,
after two very enjoyable hears at Gouvia we have decided to move to Lefkas in the middle of September this year. We were fortunate to have a very good person doing jobs and keeping an eye on our boat in Gouvia and were hoping to find some one similar at Lefkas. Would also appreciate any details of good tradesmen for when problems do arise, such as electrics, mechanical, water maker, etc
Ideally I was hoping to find some one who could take the boat for a lift out for two months on the hard, do the anti-fouling etc and then lift back in for beginning of May. Not essential as can always come back for a few days beforehand to do it but have never found anti-fouling enjoyable and would prefer not to if I can
Many thanks for reading

Crisby

Visit site
Hi, sorry to piggyback on this but we are also keen to find some good tradesmen in the area as we are in the process of buying a boat in the area which will need a bit of work, but for the first 6 months or so of ownership we will be in Vietnam so will have to get the work done from afar. Also interested in any recommendations for a rigger in the area.

Many thanks

Chris

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi,
after two very enjoyable hears at Gouvia we have decided to move to Lefkas in the middle of September this year. We were fortunate to have a very good person doing jobs and keeping an eye on our boat in Gouvia and were hoping to find some one similar at Lefkas. Would also appreciate any details of good tradesmen for when problems do arise, such as electrics, mechanical, water maker, etc
Ideally I was hoping to find some one who could take the boat for a lift out for two months on the hard, do the anti-fouling etc and then lift back in for beginning of May. Not essential as can always come back for a few days beforehand to do it but have never found anti-fouling enjoyable and would prefer not to if I can
Many thanks for reading
Neil . I would suggest have a word with Kev the surveyor who on his boat all the time you find his boat opposite the Porto bar or if you want i find you his contact detail , he a good guy and I sure he know someone .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi,
Many thanks for reading
For riggers it going to be waypoint in the Marina , but make sure you get a price first and have every thing they agree on paper . We rigged our own and saved 3500 euro on what they wanted .

Edit .
This was meant for chirby posting ..

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Thanks Vic, interesting as probably the same boat as your own.

Chris
If so make sure you know what you going to pay for , I ask them to quote me when we first brought our , there was so many job I needed to do I tho I let them do the rigging , I nearly die when I got their quote , and then they wanted me to remove the boom and every thing that goes with it , they didn't included the chain plates if I wanted them I had to pay X amount on top , the Removeing of the mast and putting it back was also not included , but I they are support to be good , what I would not let them to is clean my sail . May time I seen them use a pressure washer to clean them , you would think a sail company would know better .

Last edited:

Crisby

Visit site
Ok, Vic, thanks for the heads up. It’s been a few years since we owned our own boat and I’m just starting to remember what an expensive minefield it can be!

Chris