Motor Boat for drying creek

Prologica1

Visit site
Hi All,
I'm a sailor with no experience of motor boats. I'm shortly moving to a drying creek (mud/shingle) where I hope to lay a swinging mooring. I'd like a modest size preloved motor boat for local coastal cruising, ideally with berths for 4 adults, maybe plus a couple of kids at a push. Doesn't need to be super fast, 10kts + would be fine.
Would welcome any suggestions as to type/models to look for.
Thanks
P

oldgit

Visit site
A simple answer is what else is moored in this drying creek.
Anything with a keel under the prop should be OK ie. Mitchell et al.
Some of the quicker French boats also have a residual keel as many would be kept in drying harbours with hard sandy bottoms.
If on the East and very muddy coast there is not much that will not soon dig itself a little hole in soft mud.

Last edited:

Prologica1

Visit site
Thanks @oldgit There are no other motor boats in Ray Creek so nothing to compare. I will need to have a prod around and test the bottom when we get there.

simonfraser

Visit site
Hi All,
I'm a sailor with no experience of motor boats. I'm shortly moving to a drying creek (mud/shingle) where I hope to lay a swinging mooring. I'd like a modest size preloved motor boat for local coastal cruising, ideally with berths for 4 adults, maybe plus a couple of kids at a push. Doesn't need to be super fast, 10kts + would be fine.
Would welcome any suggestions as to type/models to look for.
Thanks
P

something with an outboard that you can leave out of the water / mud