Mobile Mains connection

Adrian

www.kydproducts.co.uk
Are these OK to use with boats? was thinking it might be useful for ocaisonal marina use as we dont have mains on board. Anybody used one?
www.towsure.co.uk/shop/product_list.asp?TypeID=252

<hr width=100% size=1>Adrian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kydproducts.co.uk>http://www.kydproducts.co.uk</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Adrian on 18/08/2003 10:15 (server time).</FONT></P>

Visit site
Suppose you could but at the price mightn't an installed system make more sense?

Some marinas want to inspect your system before letting you hook up. Others insist on your using an isolating transformer (which they will rent to you for a seroius amount) even if you do have a proper installation.

Steve Cronin

<hr width=100% size=1>

Nautorius

Visit site
Hi There,

I have this and used it succesfully for two years on boats that had no electric. They are great. I used it in the UK southcoast, Channel islands, France and the Med (I used to tow my boats around!). No one had a problem with it and in Spain I had a few admiring comments about cost effective electricity without shore power instalation. I now keep it as a back up so if the electrics blow I can still get emergency power to charge batteries.

Regards
N.

<hr width=100% size=1>Will I ever find the perfect boat?

mica

Visit site
Why not just buy a Marina Socket and a length of cable, put a three pin socket on the other end and trail it through you window or hatchway? Also useful for doing work on the outside of your boat, ie mains polishing machine, sander, drill etc.
Regards,
Mica

<hr width=100% size=1>MICA

tome

www.google.co.uk
I wouldn\'t

Not without the RCD protection he'd get if he bought this kit as suggested...especially if working on the hull of a boat where there's a high risk of a lethal electric shock.

I wouldn't rely on the marina RCD alone

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyball

Visit site
Re: I wouldn\'t

you can buy plug/socket type rcd's for under £6 now- as long as everyone knew to use it (perhaps cable tie it in place?), he'd save a lot over the "kit" mentioned & it would do the same job.

<hr width=100% size=1>