Mini Border Force?

Leighb

Visit site
I have seen the full size Border Force vessels on the Orwell and at sea many times, but have never seen a Mini one like this. All the livery looks correct so I assume they have some ?new smaller vessels for shallower rivers. Seems like a good idea as the East Coats rivers are being increasingly used for smuggling of various sorts.

IMG_0407.jpeg

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
. . . the East Coats rivers are being increasingly used for smuggling of various sorts.

You say that confidently. Do you have insider knowledge, perhaps? ;)

Given that it's an ancient cultural tradition, shouldn't smuggling be eligible for an Arts Council Grant, or at least government support for hard-pressed coastal communities? 😁

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
You say that confidently. Do you have insider knowledge, perhaps? ;)

Given that it's an ancient cultural tradition, shouldn't smuggling be eligible for an Arts Council Grant, or at least government support for hard-pressed coastal communities? 😁
But in that case, the Revenue is also a well-established tradition in such areas! Anyone else remember Russel Thorndyke and Dr Sin?

M Hill

Visit site
Its a former Met Police Targa, by all accounts its a regular fixture at Harwich with another running from Gravesend too.

Leighb

Visit site
Its a former Met Police Targa, by all accounts its a regular fixture at Harwich with another running from Gravesend too.
Thanks, I haven’t seen it before. I have fond memories of the Ian Jacob which was a regular sight patrolling the Suffolk rivers, and doing helpful things such as give a tow, with their RIB, to a weary yachtsman who was trying to row the best part of a mile against wind and tide.😉