Mikuni Diesel Heater Combustion Air Silencer Filter

cliveshelton

Visit site
Our heater was left on for several days by mistake (not me!). Fortunately no nasty consequences arose but it now smells a little more than usual and I am servicing it. I would like to replace this component. It's now 5 years old and has never been looked at. It's probably well gummed up.

It looks like the one in this picture (the straight sided black cylindrical component);

http://www.mikuniheating.com/cw3/assets/product_expanded/Mikuni-MY30-M-Kit-2.jpg

Unfortunately it is no longer available easily and thus far this supplier has not answered my questions. Does anyone know where they can be purchased? Or can I simply replace it with an Eberspacher/Webasto equivalent?

Many thanks.

pvb

Visit site
I'd agree with pcatterall, the silencer on the combustion air intake is a very simple device, with basically fresh air going through it, so it won't get gummed up, and it won't cause your heater to smell. Any similar Eberspacher/Webasto silencer would do the job.

cliveshelton

Visit site
Thanks. The Mikuni component is described as a "silencer/filter" and it may have a filter at the end. The end piece comes off with a wing nut - corrosion permitting. I will have a look at it soon and see. I can't recall if I inserted a filter unit when I installed it. In any case, it's nice to know that I could use other brands as long as the tubing is the correct diameter.