Mike Golding out of the Vendee

CPD

Visit site
He lost his mast this morning when winds "went from gale force to hurricane strength". Lets hope he can rig something and get to land safely. Terrible news, really bad luck.

Mudisox

Visit site
So, - exactly how many are left in the race now? It seems to me that most have suffered "serious mishaps" of some kind or another. I suspect that the sponsors are not too delighted, maybe I'll go super safe and try for durex sponsorship in my next trip across the channel.

Blue5

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I remember when Durex sponsored F1 racing. Loved the slogan. 'The Smaller Family Car'

[/ QUOTE ]

They also had a "special shape" Hot Air Balloon that raised more than a few eyebrows

Allan

Visit site
In their first race, the Durex car, a Surtees I think, retired with a puncture! The relationship went down hill after that.
Allan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So, - exactly how many are left in the race now?

[/ QUOTE ]
About 20, the two Brit girls are hanging in there mid fleet.

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
'Ang on just one minute.....There are 5 left in the fleet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sam Davies 10, Dee Caffari, Jonny Malbon 15, Brian Thompson 11, and Steve White 14

Out of 19 left racing

With lady luck taking out Mike and Alex, and you taking out 3 more it's a wonder we have any brits left at all /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
[ QUOTE ]
Never mind B lox; its a hard race! I'd love a Brit' to win, but we'll see how it pans out.

You pays your money, and you takes your chances!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, look at Mich (Michel Desjoyeaux) Started late, now in the lead....He's also one of my boats for the office sweep stake...so I've now got my fingers crossed for him...I've also got PRB and Aviva /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jjj

Visit site
Yip real shame about MG, 50knts squalls etc. Hope he arrives safety and makes a race of it with L Peyron towards Australia.

JJJ