Metric or imperial copper fuel pipes?

Jinxed

Visit site
Hedge your bets like me buy the whole possible list of possibilities from Amazon. What you dont need, send back for free and a refund ?

Plum

Visit site
What size are the fuel pipes likely to be on a 1982 princess 30DS? Engines are TMD41A's, Should I be looking for 3/8" or 10mm fittings to replace?
Any thoughts? Boat is 90 miles away.
as said by Bandit, you may find you will have far fewer connections, therefore potential leak sources, if you change to all flexible hose up to the engine. Should be hose marked as compliant with ISO 7840 spec. You can then just use 10mm bore.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

emmalina

www.lantamarineservices.com
Copper lines should not be used because fuel polymerizes (thickens) in copper tubing during long periods of disuse and can clog fuel injectors. Also, copper lines are less rugged than black iron, and thus more susceptible to damage. Note: Never use galvanized or copper fuel lines, fittings or fuel tanks.

swifty

Visit site
Take the complete old ones including end fittings to your local Pirtek Hose Depot and they will manufacture them from the latest compliant flexible hose for half the price of the Volvo Penta equivalent.

Zing

Visit site
On a related issue, does rubber fuel hose have a recommended replacement date or life?

snowbird30ds

Norfolk broads based, coast when time allows.
Visit site
Copper lines should not be used
Even though the boat builder did nearly 40 years ago and they're still there, I'm looking to adapt the system leaving some of the original in place so I just need to get the right fittings to transition to flexible for a short run to re-locate the pre-filters, I also have to keep BSS compliant.

Zing

Visit site
Mine have no date printed on them and are still good, flexible and no sign of deterioration after 22 years (they are marked with the correct ISO 7840 spec)

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk
I wonder what the classification agencies require. I know for example in light aircraft that many rubber, butyl or nitrile hoses including fuel hoses must be replaced every 6 years, whether they look good or not.