Merlin Smartgauge battery monitor issues

eddystone

Visit site
My Smartgauge (just changed both fuses) is showing error code 03 which means voltage is too high. I thought maybe the PWM controller has failed and 2 x 20 solar panels (probably not 2 x 20 after 10 years) overcharging the batteries, although lights on controller seem normal. However, with error code 03 you can still press buttons and get a voltage. Showed domestic pair at 15.5v ish and engine at over 14.5v (engine battery not connected to solar). Checked batteries - no evidence of heating up. Checked voltage with multimeter - domestic 13.7ish, engine 12.8, which is what I would expect with solar trickle charging domestic, no load and recent extended engine run charging on 1+2

Faulty Smartgauge?

pioneer

Visit site
Worth checking the settings, esp the user configurable ones if the unit lost power when you chagned the fuses - maybe it's done a factory reset. If that all looks ok maybe do a factory reset yourself. Hint - take a note of the settings before doing anything so you can re-instate, don't ask how I learnt that. Have also found the Smartgauge people very helpful in solving probs.