Medium sized cruiser? ADVICE NEEDED

G

I've just sold my Centaur hopefully and I'm looking for a cruiser with good performance that sails reasonably and can dry out. Any suggestions? Jon

G

I\'ll answer with a few questions....

What's the budget? Are multihulls of interest? Would you think about a wooden boat?

G

Hunter 27 Twin keel

Have had one a year now it lives on a drying mooring with no problem and I am more than pleased with sailing performance

G

Feelings ..... lift keel and good sailing or Northshore Lift Keel jobs, name escapes me at moment ... but excellent boats.

G

I forgot .... don't forget about the larger Colvic Countess's .... very good accommodation and sailing is not racing standard, but they hold their own. Another benefit is they don't suffer keel problems like the Westerly's .....price is slightly lower as well.

G

Re: I\'ll answer with a few questions....

The budget is upto £18,000 not really nterested in multihulls and I would prefer GRP

G

Re: I\'ll answer with a few questions....

Well, the budget is upto £18,000 no multi's and I would prefer GRP

G

They're called Southerlies but if he wants a bit of performance he should look elsewhere.

G

The problem is,....

as always, the readies. For £18k I think you're going to struggle to gain much in real terms (ie perfomance and accomodation), over your Centaur.

I agree that the Hunter 27 is a really good boat, but is there really that much of a gain?

The Southerlies will be way over budget.

The Countesses are, how shall I put this diplomatically, ugly floating caravans (to my eyes, let me stress). Many were home finished to a basic standard, and you won't get a 33 for £18k.

To me there's one obvious candidate, but you've discounted it already. The Iroquois catamaran is a very capable sea boat, has performance that makes Sigmas look sedate, and has amazing accomodation.

That's what I'd go for.......have fun deciding.

G

Re: The problem is,....

Ok if your 5ft nothing though!!!!