Medical First Aid & Medical care on board ship

ssjpiv

Visit site
Hi guys,

Just looking to move from working on pilot boats to work on ships ( hopefully something in the North Sea) I have got all my basic STCW tickets and was wondering as to whether it would be worth getting the more advanced medical certificates to open a few doors.

It seems all the other certificates you can get need you to hae spent time on ships... not pilot boats!! I thought this might be a good way of getting myself onboard.

Thoughts welcome
Samuel

prr

Visit site
Hi guys,

Just looking to move from working on pilot boats to work on ships ( hopefully something in the North Sea) I have got all my basic STCW tickets and was wondering as to whether it would be worth getting the more advanced medical certificates to open a few doors.

It seems all the other certificates you can get need you to hae spent time on ships... not pilot boats!! I thought this might be a good way of getting myself onboard.

Thoughts welcome
Samuel

Have you an EDH or A/B Cert?

ssjpiv

Visit site
Neither of the above, I have looked into doing both but you need qualifying sea time on board ship, pilot boat and small craft work does not seem to count.

prr

Visit site
Neither of the above, I have looked into doing both but you need qualifying sea time on board ship, pilot boat and small craft work does not seem to count.

Ok i'll pm you with info...

Last edited:

homa

Visit site
Sam

You won't require Advanced medical unless you are sailing Master

Have you tried contacting a manning agency? they will tell you exactly what is required and point you in the right direction

Homa