Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
Did you make it to the Balearics? We are currently in Mallorca and so far not been asked to show any additional health forms or covid test results at all.

Yes, we made it to Formentera but due to a windlass problem meaning I couldn't get the anchor down and being unable to book into any nearby marinas (all full) we pretty much returned straight back to Denia. The email address (controlpuertosdeportivosib@gsaib.es ) for the Balearics port authorities were very helpful and confirmed our documentation (health form qr codes and covid tests) were in order should we be asked by any authority.

Bouba

Visit site
A weathered nose says it’s not a day to go out

Far better to spend the afternoon in a restaurant with my dad

Reactions: MrB

John100156

Visit site
I checked Spain's entry requirements today, when flying:

My understanding is all that you need is a compliant RAT test, for those 12 years and over, taken within 48 hours of entry (you get 72 hours if you take a PCR test), that is if you are not already double vaccinated, in which case you only need the NHS proof of double vax within 14 days.

You also need to complete the Spanish Health Form for entry, and get their QR code back, completed 48 hours before you leave, which is easy to complete on line.

Expect a RAT will also be OK prior to leaving Spain (PCR Preferred) and following return to UK, probably need to pre-book a Day-2 test to complete the UK travel form - we have a lab local to our marina, so will do this once we are on the boat as we did when returning last month....:D A PIA but at least we can get out to the boat...!

TonyR123

Visit site

My understanding is all that you need is a compliant RAT test, for those 12 years and over, taken within 48 hours of entry (you get 72 hours if you take a PCR test), that is if you are not already double vaccinated, in which case you only need the NHS proof of double vax within 14 days.

You also need to complete the Spanish Health Form for entry, and get their QR code back, completed 48 hours before you leave, which is easy to complete on line.

Expect a RAT will also be OK prior to leaving Spain (PCR Preferred) and following return to UK, probably need to pre-book a Day-2 test to complete the UK travel form - we have a lab local to our marina, so will do this once we are on the boat as we did when returning last month....:D A PIA but at least we can get out to the boat...!

I have just come to the same conclusion!

Asm

Visit site

I agree with you, but UK gov states in Foreign Travel advice - Spain :-
Antigen tests are not accepted if you are travelling from the UK to Spain for tourism purposes.

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
I just flew to Spain on 27th July with a Pcr as my double vaccination was only 10 days prior (needs to be 14 days). I returned to the UK yesterday and just did a medicspot antigen on my boat 2 days prior to return to UK. I completed the UK passenger locator at the same time and just had to specify the booking reference for my day 2 test. Only Ryanair checked all this, the border control officers that were checking all this at Stansted on our previous trip were gone, just used the egate and went home. No quarantine. All very smooth.

John100156

Visit site
Yes I believe we now fall into the following k. category group for acceptance, according to latest Spanish travel health restrictions:

k. Persons with a vaccination certificate, that the Ministry of Health recognizes for this purpose, after verification by the health authorities, as well as their accompanying minors (under 12 years of age). For persons resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland coming directly from this country, in addition to the vaccination certificate, diagnostic certificates of NAAT tests (nucleic acid amplification tests, e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA.....) will also be considered valid.

I think to be safe, we will go for RT-LAMP or RT-PCR for those needing to test and travelling with us, we are both double-vax so OK. So for 6 of us travelling out, 2 are double-vax, 1 is under 12, leaving 3 to get tested fit to fly! :cry:

TonyR123

Visit site
I am going for the medicspot antigen test for outbound (and same for return). We are not around to safely do a PCR (get it down, post it off) hence going with antigen. Looking at the medicspot website it is manufactured by "SD Biosenser" and that is on the approved EU list EU RAT approved list

I believe the medicspot test is the "SD Biosensor Standard Q Covid-19 Ag Test" with 99.68% specifity

Clancy Moped

Visit site
I am going for the medicspot antigen test for outbound (and same for return). We are not around to safely do a PCR (get it down, post it off) hence going with antigen. Looking at the medicspot website it is manufactured by "SD Biosenser" and that is on the approved EU list EU RAT approved list

I believe the medicspot test is the "SD Biosensor Standard Q Covid-19 Ag Test" with 99.68% specifity
You can buy self-tests (antigen ) from the Pharmacy here in Mallorca, I would double check if they are valid for your rtn flight though.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
return flight is fine - goverment "prefers" a PCR but does not have to be. I did the medicspot last time and was all good and (just as important) very convenient!
Shapps said travellers would be turned away if they turned up at a Spanish airport without PCR test, and said almost everyone was already doing PCR before coming home. Total bollox, it’s only advice. When I returned last week from using my boat in Spain the clinic I used was doing almost 100% lateral flow tests. Why would anyone pay 3x + for the PCR when it’s not required?

julians

Visit site
Shapps said travellers would be turned away if they turned up at a Spanish airport without PCR test, and said almost everyone was already doing PCR before coming home. Total bollox, it’s only advice. When I returned last week from using my boat in Spain the clinic I used was doing almost 100% lateral flow tests. Why would anyone pay 3x + for the PCR when it’s not required?
yep, we went here in santa ponsa for a lateral flow test

COVID Test Centre Santa Ponsa - German Medica Centre Paguera Santa Ponsa and German Eye Clinic (dfz.es)

all very straightforward and easy, and no problem coming back last weekend on ryanair.

Portofino

Visit site
Mission creep that’s why .Jobsworths love ambiguity in rules means they get away with more .
From Sunday , not now .

John100156

Visit site
Yep that's what we did when we returned ES-UK last month, perfectly acceptable. Will go PCR this time going UK-ES and LFT when coming back ES-UK plus book a cheap D2 test. I reckon you could get out of UK with LFT, can't risk it taking the g'kids out this time, so booked them PCRs next week...!

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Yes, we made it to Formentera but due to a windlass problem meaning I couldn't get the anchor down and being unable to book into any nearby marinas (all full) we pretty much returned straight back to Denia. The email address (controlpuertosdeportivosib@gsaib.es ) for the Balearics port authorities were very helpful and confirmed our documentation (health form qr codes and covid tests) were in order should we be asked by any authority.
Oh no, what a shame!!!! Ibiza is almost impossible for marina space in August in our experience. And extortionately expensive!!! We are currently in Mallorca and have found marinas and buoys to be far more available and reasonable. Hope you get some decent cruising around Denia.