Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

julians

Visit site
You could sail up to any of those superyachts and they will think you are a tender from another superyacht and invite you aboard
We were moored next to something fairly tasty that night, I put my blue deck lights on, then a short while later IMG_01082021_185827_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpghe put his massive underwater blue lights on.

Nobody likes a showoff!

Portofino

Visit site
@julians
What in the can ? Powerful stuff :) .
0911B4C7-7348-48D1-B53E-5D3B02AA8815.jpeg
If it’s any consolation I ve got a son equally useful on board .What is it about young uns theses days they turn up , eat+ drink you out , house , home and boat and empty the fridge and just flop down .
When does the the bank of mum + dad close the account?:).

Boat looks nice btw .Perfect .

Portofino

Visit site
Actually guys one of these used to turn up at the mothership SY to pick up the king of Saudi Arabia .
He had one made .
This ones got triple engines btw .Something like 3 x Isotta Franchini 700 Hp in a 45 back in the 80 s . it’s beam is near 4.5 M on a 14 M with a monster dead-rise hull It’s still alive and running .
One of the Italian SY builders Admiral approached Amarti and ask them to knock one up , rumours have it to sweeten the deal , you know Arabic business culture back then they expect a gift for a cousin or son , something like that when placing the order .
0AFA7530-A771-473C-85BB-5C8FE25019AE.jpeg
Admittedly yes it probably was used to move trash off the mothership …..rather quickly. :D

Last edited:

Portofino

Visit site
Steady on Mr G , if the Saudi Royal family see this you will be getting a invite to the local embassy, and we may never see or hear from you again ;) .We will miss your wit .

A load of small back plastic bin bags will be driven away by a back entrance an hour later:D

Peterlewis321

Visit site
The news article is out of date but the spth site kind of suggests RAT is OK……but that has been the case for several weeks but only for returning Spanish residents…..all tourists needed a PCR or LAMP TYPE test……so not sure if things have changed or it says somewhere else in the small print that RAT is only for certain people…..it is a full time job trying to keep up with all this stuff!!

longjohnsilver

Visit site

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Yes, pretty much how I assumed it would work. I'll try and contact a marina there to see if they're aware of the situation regarding anchoring. I'm fully vaccinated now (2nd was last week) but my girlfriend has only had the 1 dose so far....
Did you make it to the Balearics? We are currently in Mallorca and so far not been asked to show any additional health forms or covid test results at all.