Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

TonyR123

Visit site
is it obvious where to get the PCR testing abroad? Quick look at mallorca and apart from the airport I dont really know where to book the tests. easyjet website didnt say anything. Will probably miss palma boat show but intend to get out there mid june for 5 days or so.

julians

Visit site
is it obvious where to get the PCR testing abroad? Quick look at mallorca and apart from the airport I dont really know where to book the tests. easyjet website didnt say anything. Will probably miss palma boat show but intend to get out there mid june for 5 days or so.
If this is for the test you ne8ed to take 3 days before you come back to England, it doesn't have to be a pcr test, it can be a lateral flow test.

And lateral flow tests are currently being given away by the govt in packs of 7 if you apply online, they will post you a pack. I requested a pack and it arrived in the post 2 days later. My intention was to use these lateral flow tests for the test that I need to take 3 days before travelling back to england. These tests are not acceptable for the day 2 and day 8 tests you need to do once you land back in England.

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
If this is for the test you ne8ed to take 3 days before you come back to England, it doesn't have to be a pcr test, it can be a lateral flow test.

And lateral flow tests are currently being given away by the govt in packs of 7 if you apply online, they will post you a pack. I requested a pack and it arrived in the post 2 days later. My intention was to use these lateral flow tests for the test that I need to take 3 days before travelling back to england. These tests are not acceptable for the day 2 and day 8 tests you need to do once you land back in England.

I would double check (if you haven't already) that the airline/carrier you're travelling back on will accept the free NHS lft test results. I spoke with BA and it had to be a lft test from a company administered under the suppliers supervision via a video call, so as to not cheat the test. We bought Qured tests and have scheduled the video call 2 days before our return.

julians

Visit site
I would double check (if you haven't already) that the airline/carrier you're travelling back on will accept the free NHS lft test results. I spoke with BA and it had to be a lft test from a company administered under the suppliers supervision via a video call, so as to not cheat the test. We bought Qured tests and have scheduled the video call 2 days before our return.

I did wonder whether there might be something preventing the use of the free lft. So I will check before I rely on them.

TonyR123

Visit site
I do have a few packs of the free covid testing packs but not convinced they will be accepted. hopefully the BA 25 second test will be deemed acceptable in order to fly either way. Hopefully someone goes abroad before me and they can tell us all the issues!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Too windy to boat today but it looks as if they are going to have enough wine to toast everyone’s arrival

Is that your big mate Lord JCB of Brexit's vineyard? The staunch patriot who has just moved the domicile of his family fortune from the Caribbean to Switzerland? They say this year's vintage will be very thin and sour

Bouba

Visit site
Is that your big mate Lord JCB of Brexit's vineyard? The staunch patriot who has just moved the domicile of his family fortune from the Caribbean to Switzerland? They say this year's vintage will be very thin and sour
No, but his is not that far away. From what I’ve heard, and this will impress you, JCB’s wine is the only one that Jeremy Clarkson will drink

D

Deleted User YDKXO

No, but his is not that far away. From what I’ve heard, and this will impress you, JCB’s wine is the only one that Jeremy Clarkson will drink

Rumour has it that Clarkson has drunk 500 cases of wine since the first lockdown. At that prodigious rate of consumption I dont suppose he knows or cares what he's pouring down his neck?

Bouba

Visit site
Rumour has it that Clarkson has drunk 500 cases of wine since the first lockdown. At that prodigious rate of consumption I dont suppose he knows or cares what he's pouring down his neck?
10 cases a week ?‍♂️ That doesn’t sound like social distancing

TwoHooter

Visit site
Charlesworth-1024x454.png

Seastoke

Visit site
Hope you aren’t knocking our Anthony , just because he won’t let you sell his diggers.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Hope you aren’t knocking our Anthony , just because he won’t let you sell his diggers.

Actually youre wrong. We were approached by JCB some years ago with a view to them incorporating some of our equipment onto their carriers. After a long and frustrating set of discussions, we decided their engineering expertise wasnt up to ours and the lack of any urgency shown by their engineering dept would make the collaboration too painful. In the end we went with a German manufacturer

What you have to understand about your Anthony is that he was never the driving force behind the company. His father, Jo, was the man who made JCB what it is today. His son, Anthony, was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, handed the company on a plate with a very able team of managers around him. In that respect he reminds me of another your heroes, The Donald

And btw the money, apart from a small amount donated to the Tory party to keep his cronies sweet, is all salted away offshore just like many other high profile brexit supporting businessmen

Apologies to everyone for drifting this thread off topic

Hurricane

Visit site
And lateral flow tests are currently being given away by the govt in packs of 7 if you apply online, they will post you a pack. I requested a pack and it arrived in the post 2 days later. My intention was to use these lateral flow tests for the test that I need to take 3 days before travelling back to england.
SWMBO and I have both ordered and used the online Lateral Flow tests (also called Rapid Antigen Tests).
The operate a bit like pregnancy test kits - and you will all be pleased to know that I'm not pregnant!!!

But the point that I'm making is that you don't need to send off for them.
Just go into you local main branch of Boots and they are giving them away there as well.
No checks or forms to fill in - they just give you a pack of 7 test kits for each person.
SWMBO and I have been doing regular tests and reporting the results back to the NHS on line.
After submitting the test, the NHS send you an email - maybe this will be good enough to prove the test?????

A believe that these lateral flow tests are accepted as the first test before you come home.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

SWMBO and I have both ordered and used the online Lateral Flow tests (also called Rapid Antigen Tests).
The operate a bit like pregnancy test kits - and you will all be pleased to know that I'm not pregnant!!!

But the point that I'm making is that you don't need to send off for them.
Just go into you local main branch of Boots and they are giving them away there as well.
No checks or forms to fill in - they just give you a pack of 7 test kits for each person.
SWMBO and I have been doing regular tests and reporting the results back to the NHS on line.
After submitting the test, the NHS send you an email - maybe this will be good enough to prove the test?????

A believe that these lateral flow tests are accepted as the first test before you come home.

AFAIK, the lateral flow tests are not considered as accurate as the PCR tests which is why govts are insisting on PCR tests or another test with similar sensitivity. Also the results of a self administered lateral flow test are too easy to fake

Hurricane

Visit site
AFAIK, the lateral flow tests are not considered as accurate as the PCR tests which is why govts are insisting on PCR tests or another test with similar sensitivity. Also the results of a self administered lateral flow test are too easy to fake
Agreed - but it was in the weekend papers that a lateral flow test would be accepted (depending on country I think) for the return.
The tests once you are back in the UK had to be PCR.
Thats what I read anyway.
But, as usual, it is sooooooooooooo complicated.

julians

Visit site
The govt guidance explicitly states that lateral flow tests are acceptable for the test before you return to England, they are not acceptable for the tests once back in england.

The free NHS provided lateral flow tests appear to meet the very letter of the regulations stated by the govt for return to England, you even get a nice email from the NHS containing all the info that the govt require when you have reported your result back to them.

The only problem with them is that there is nobody independently verifying that you really did get a negative result. I suppose you could carry your negative test in your pocket as proof?

I do wonder whether they would work to get you back into the country, they do meet all the requirements.