Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Asm

Visit site
I wouldn’t give up hope of change !

This order will take effect from 24:00 hours on July 22, 2020 until 24:00 hours on May 31, 2021, without prejudice to its eventual modification to respond to a change in circumstances or new recommendations in the field of European Union.

Hooligan

Visit site

Peterlewis321

Visit site
On the Italian official websites U.K. nationals and residents can travel to Italy without any reason. So I am a bit confused by this. There are things needed but the above seems to indicate a rule that applies to Schengen countries. Lots of confusion.
[/QUOTE]
Same for France as far as I can see-says UK nationals do not need an ‘essential reason’ to enter France....but that goes against Macron and his statement this week about France being open for vacationers from 9th June......
Spain will really shoot themselves in the foot here-a lot of people will be considering to book a foreign holiday now we are getting close to the 17th May and the uncertainty around when Spain might consider letting us in would probably mean it is crossed off the list for many people now in favour of other countries that are making more positive noises (mine too if I did not have my boat there!!!).
Are Spain trying to influence the soon to be decided UK ‘green list’ perhaps.....put us on your green list UK or we won’t lift the ban????

Hurricane

Visit site
From ‘updated April the 30th’ it was a simple cut and paste

From ‘updated 30 April’ it was a simple cut and paste, I didn’t add anything,

Here’s another one :-

The Hotel Business Federation of Mallorca, or FEHM has criticised the Central Government's decision to extend travel restrictions from the UK to Spain until May 31.
The British Government will lift its ban on International travel to Spain on May 17. A hotelier who held a meeting with Ambassador Hugh Elliott at the FEHM headquarters yesterday, said the Government "must correct the extension."
I was just wondering if it was an EU wide regulation.
Thanks for your reply.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Agreed.....but why is Spain being so negative towards the country that contributes most to their tourism?
Problem is you might have been vaccinated, but I'm yet to have one jab in Mallorca, they are now talking about cancelling the second jab so everyone can at least have one... This is the score as of today.

IMG_20210501_170735.png

Hooligan

Visit site
I was just wondering if it was an EU wide regulation.
Thanks for your reply.
I am pretty sure this is Spain only. Italy and Greece have different rules - at least on their official pages. I travelled to Bulgaria recently although it is not Schengen. The article seems confusing on this issue unless they are trying to foist this on the EU ie deflect the blame. I believe that the EU has tried to have a uniform policy but it is clear that this has not happened. Given the cases in Spain I am really surprised with this stance Vitaly put the U.K. on its C list in April ie list of countries that can come in with no reason needed.

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Problem is you might have been vaccinated, but I'm yet to have one jab in Mallorca, they are now talking about cancelling the second jab so everyone can at least have one... This is the score as of today.

This is not about COVID surely. Vaccinated or not, am sure a negative PCR test would work just as well (??!!!) on UK citizens as all the EU/Schengen arrivals.....and given the (relatively) low rate of cases here in the UK am pretty sure we would be a lower risk group to Spain than, say, arrivals from France or Germany!! Can’t help but think this is about something else.....

Clancy Moped

Visit site
This is not about COVID surely. Vaccinated or not, am sure a negative PCR test would work just as well (??!!!) on UK citizens as all the EU/Schengen arrivals.....and given the (relatively) low rate of cases here in the UK am pretty sure we would be a lower risk group to Spain than, say, arrivals from France or Germany!! Can’t help but think this is about something else.....
Look at the figures above we are way behind.

Asm

Visit site
Italy has been mentioned in posts, it appears that the ‘third country’ status has an effect there as well. I’m not suggesting it has any bearing on simple tourism!

There were some raised eyebrows this week after an update to the UK government’s advice for British nationals living in Italy warned they must declare guests from the UK to the local police:

“If you host a UK national (or any non-EU national) as a guest, you must inform your local immigration office (questura) within 48 hours after they arrive at your property. You could be fined if you fail to comply with this Italian immigration law,” the government website states.

In fact, this is not new – it’s a rule Italy has had in place for a long time for all non-EU nationals.

Brits now join Americans, Australians, and anyone else not from an EU member state or the Schengen travel zone in being legally required to declare their presence in Italy to the local police – even if they’re only here for a brief visit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

Brits now join Americans, Australians, and anyone else not from an EU member state or the Schengen travel zone in being legally required to declare their presence in Italy to the local police – even if they’re only here for a brief visit.

For as long as I can remember we Brits have had to hand over our passports on checking into an hotel in Italy. The hotels generally photocopy the passport and record some details onto their computer system. I've always been told this is because the UK was not in Schengen. So I think the requirement to declare your presence if staying in a private home is nothing new

Alicatt

Visit site
For as long as I can remember we Brits have had to hand over our passports on checking into an hotel in Italy. The hotels generally photocopy the passport and record some details onto their computer system. I've always been told this is because the UK was not in Schengen. So I think the requirement to declare your presence if staying in a private home is nothing new
Last time I was in Canada I had to do the same, handed in my passport at reception, but the view from the penthouse of the Crowne Plaza (now the Intercontinental) overlooking the lake was worth it, so was the view into the Blue Jays stadium, and seeing the tall ships race crossing Lake Ontario going to St. Catherines was priceless.

Oh and the penthouse stay was a reward from Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza, a week there at their expense, twas a holiday of a lifetime and part of a three week tour :)

Bouba

Visit site
The good news is that in France, tomorrow will see the end of the 10 km rule. It didn’t affect how far you can go in a boat except you couldn’t disembark if you were greater than 10 km from your home. And of course you couldn’t use your boat if it was more than 10 km away. But the 7 pm curfew is still in effect