Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Portofino

Visit site
The good news is that in France, tomorrow will see the end of the 10 km rule. It didn’t affect how far you can go in a boat except you couldn’t disembark if you were greater than 10 km from your home. And of course you couldn’t use your boat if it was more than 10 km away. But the 7 pm curfew is still in effect
How’s the Macron potentiated vaccine hesitancy coming along ?

Without sufficient % pop vaxed the numbers will start to climb or never satisfactory reduce in densely populated areas, once you keep attempting restarts .

Bouba

Visit site
How’s the Macron potentiated vaccine hesitancy coming along ?

Without sufficient % pop vaxed the numbers will start to climb or never satisfactory reduce in densely populated areas, once you keep attempting restarts .
All I know is that I’m getting my second Pfizer in one week. So all the Med crew can visit me if they want (with masks and socially distanced)

Asm

Visit site
Yet more speculation, not dated, so which Monday, possibly today :-

The European Union's executive recommended on Monday that foreign citizens fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those coming from countries with a good epidemiological situation be allowed to travel into the bloc without additional restrictions.

The 27-nation bloc currently allows citizens of seven countries to come on holidays or for other non-essential reasons and the European Commission's proposal would expand that list.

"The (European) Commission proposes to allow entry to the EU for non-essential reasons not only for all persons coming from countries with a good epidemiological situation but also all people who have received the last recommended dose of an EU-authorised vaccine," the executive arm said in a statement.

"This could be extended to vaccines having completed the WHO emergency use listing process. In addition, the Commission proposes to raise... the threshold related to the number of new COVID-19 cases used to determine a list of countries from which all travel should be permitted," it also said, adding that should lead to the expansion of the list.
To limit the risk of importing new variants of the coronavirus, the Commission also offered a new "emergency break" that would allow introducing swift travel restrictions for countries where the health situation deteriorates sharply.

EU member states are due to start discussing the proposal on Tuesday. Their agreement is needed to put it into effect.

Hooligan

Visit site
Italy has been mentioned in posts, it appears that the ‘third country’ status has an effect there as well. I’m not suggesting it has any bearing on simple tourism!

There were some raised eyebrows this week after an update to the UK government’s advice for British nationals living in Italy warned they must declare guests from the UK to the local police:

“If you host a UK national (or any non-EU national) as a guest, you must inform your local immigration office (questura) within 48 hours after they arrive at your property. You could be fined if you fail to comply with this Italian immigration law,” the government website states.

In fact, this is not new – it’s a rule Italy has had in place for a long time for all non-EU nationals.

Brits now join Americans, Australians, and anyone else not from an EU member state or the Schengen travel zone in being legally required to declare their presence in Italy to the local police – even if they’re only here for a brief visit.
As i read it the UK has been added to list C which puts us in same category as EU travelers. The rules seem to be: no need for essential reason to land in Italy, the need to have an Antigen test before coming, isolate for 5 days when arrive and have a antigen test at end of it, report presence to health authority. However if you travel for certain reasons which in my interpretation can include essential maintenance of boat, then as long as you leave within 120 hours of arrival, no need for isolation. I would add two things. First, I suspect that by May 17 the need to isolate will be gone - they are reviewing the rules before then in Italy. Secondly, this is Italy (and why we love it), so I suspect the concept of isolation and rule following is somewhat different than in the UK. I spoke with the guy who looks after my boat. To all intents and purposes he operates as normal and he has no clue what the rules are and are not! In short it is my view that Italy is largely open should anyone need to visit their boat in May and by June I have no doubt whatsoever that visiting and using the boat will be absolutely fine. What awaits when one returns to the UK who knows. I recently returned from a business trip to Bulgaria. In 14 days I had 5 PCR tests. My test to release on day 5 was voided even though i tested negative because someone on the plane somewhere - not near me as no one was next to or near, tested positive after arriving. It didn’t seem logical to me that the 5 day was voided as I thought the whole point of test to release was to capture the chance of catching CV between your PCR test before returning and the 5 day period after landing, but hey ho. And I was called every day pretty much to check if I was being a good boy.

Portofino

Visit site
As i read it the UK has been added to list C which puts us in same category as EU travelers. The rules seem to be: no need for essential reason to land in Italy, the need to have an Antigen test before coming, isolate for 5 days when arrive and have a antigen test at end of it, report presence to health authority. However if you travel for certain reasons which in my interpretation can include essential maintenance of boat, then as long as you leave within 120 hours of arrival, no need for isolation. I would add two things. First, I suspect that by May 17 the need to isolate will be gone - they are reviewing the rules before then in Italy. Secondly, this is Italy (and why we love it), so I suspect the concept of isolation and rule following is somewhat different than in the UK. I spoke with the guy who looks after my boat. To all intents and purposes he operates as normal and he has no clue what the rules are and are not! In short it is my view that Italy is largely open should anyone need to visit their boat in May and by June I have no doubt whatsoever that visiting and using the boat will be absolutely fine. What awaits when one returns to the UK who knows. I recently returned from a business trip to Bulgaria. In 14 days I had 5 PCR tests. My test to release on day 5 was voided even though i tested negative because someone on the plane somewhere - not near me as no one was next to or near, tested positive after arriving. It didn’t seem logical to me that the 5 day was voided as I thought the whole point of test to release was to capture the chance of catching CV between your PCR test before returning and the 5 day period after landing, but hey ho. And I was called every day pretty much to check if I was being a good boy.
Bottom test void bit .
Assuming ALL ended up negative on the plane .The 5 day early release is a probability thing vs economic thing .
There are no straight lines , straight graphs , absolute certainties in biology.
Its all a risk analysis balance of probabilities thing .

ie if Porton down can genomic sequence 2000 / day ( once infected sods have been identified) , then that’s a handy case number of new cases in the U.K. .
Because they all can be tested for mutants , so allow “leakage “ from folks moving internationally with sufficient test track and trace ....very robust .

Hurricane

Visit site
"The (European) Commission proposes to allow entry to the EU for non-essential reasons not only for all persons coming from countries with a good epidemiological situation but also all people who have received the last recommended dose of an EU-authorised vaccine," the executive arm said in a statement.
So is that a vaccine jab in the left executive arm or the right executive arm?

Bouba

Visit site
B do you think the Conwy pirates will be able to enter Nice on June 22, if not we will come for your wenches.
France could open up by then but it’s still quite early. The other problem is that the mayor of Nice does things his way, regardless of national policy. He’s done his own lockdowns and runs the vaccination campaign his way.
I think, and I’m only guessing, that June maybe a little early. But don’t worry about your wenches, I will help you out! SAE or metric?

Asm

Visit site
My end of May sailing to Spain with Brittany ferries has just been cancelled! The suggested EU change of rules will come too late for sailings this month!

Portofino

Visit site
Tea leaves in the cup appear to me to say 9 th June onwards .Any time after that for the grand opening up .
Not withstanding the UKs own traffic light / quarantine rules TBA .

Hooligan

Visit site
My end of May sailing to Spain with Brittany ferries has just been cancelled! The suggested EU change of rules will come too late for sailings this month!
Italy is already open for UK visitors with certain restrictions which in effect make it not worth going unless you are staying a while but they are reviewing on May 15th and i am willing to bet that the 5 day isolation restriction for Brits will be dropped on that date. I remain confused what the EU rules are since every country seems to have its own rules. Greece will admit anyone now from the UK as long as you have a negative PCR result nor will you need to isolate. If you have had two jabs then no isolation either. There is no EU policy IMHO. There are suggestions/recommendations it seems. Spain continues to be different. As the bookings start to pile up for Portugal, Greece, Italy I suspect Spain will change, quickly. The only issue there is going to be is isolation requirements on return. Personally I suspect that Europe will not be broadly green before mid June earliest but lets see.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I remain confused what the EU rules are since every country seems to have its own rules.

Good grief! You mean those individual countries have their own sovereignty to set rules as to who enters their country and when? Thats not what Sir Garage, Bozo and their mates told us:rolleyes:

Bouba

Visit site
Good grief! You mean those individual countries have their own sovereignty to set rules as to who enters their country and when? Thats not what Sir Garage, Bozo and their mates told us:rolleyes:
I thought Sir Nige did predict that the borders will go up

Hooligan

Visit site
So you mean we didnt have to leave the EU to control our borders?
Shock horror :). The problem we Brits have is that if someone says this is the rule, we obey it with few questions asked! ergo we were the only ones obeying the rules. We should just have gotten on with it, enjoyed the benefits and ignored the nonsense.....like everyone else. Oh well.....