Marine Service Kits Ltd

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I was looking for some sensibly priced service parts for my engines when i came across Marine Service Kits Ltd, Marine Service Kits

Never heard of them before but their prices were extremely good, need the following for each engine :

Oil filter
2 x Fuel filters
Crankcase filter
2 x Air cleaners
Impeller
2 x Alternator belts
Anode

Cost from Volvo about £500 (per engine) !

Cost from MSK was just £131.50, inc VAT and delivery !

Full service kit for my generator engine (VP2002) was just £38.50

Promptly dispatched and delivered. No connection, just a happy customer.

Visit site
Silly question (perhaps), but what do you think of the quality of the filters etc Paul? To be so cheap, for quite a few bits, does make me a little nervous....
I know Nanni own brand parts are expensive, but the equivalent kit from MSK is much less than half the price!

oldgit

Visit site
Time spent searching for the best price on every single item which should be replaced on any major engine service can result in only changing what happens to be easy to find at the price you are prepared to pay with some items left for "another day" ?
If everything you should be changing is right there in a box, good chance you might actually change that long ignored alternator belt ?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Silly question (perhaps), but what do you think of the quality of the filters etc Paul? To be so cheap, for quite a few bits, does make me a little nervous....
I know Nanni own brand parts are expensive, but the equivalent kit from MSK is much less than half the price!
Everything looks OK to me. The oil filters are Mann

Had a Nanni a couple of boats ago, Toyota base engine. Nanni filter was stupidly priced, genuine Toyota one was much less and one from the local motor factors much less again. Worth remembering that Nanni and Toyota don't make filters.

Greg2

Visit site
Didn't see those, but good that they are available again.
It is good that they are available again but unfortunately it appears to be for one model of pump that is quite unlike the pumps fitted to the engines of our current and previous boats. Hopefully others will become available. 😁