Marina websites

tomframe

Visit site
as an MDL berth holder I was looking at their website, and wondered "whats in it for me?" why do they keep changing it?

Do berth holders actually use their marinas website?, I see they all do weather and tides - if you do why and what do you actually find useful?

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
What would a berth holder need to find out from the marina's website that they don't already know?

More likely to be for visitors finding out facilities, layout, nearby shops, pubs restaurants etc.

Potential new berthholders would find this info useful too.

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
In these troubled times I like to visit my marinas website occasionaly to ensure that they are still solvent.

Marmalade

Visit site
Our marina used to have a webcam that was controllable - ie you could check on your boat. It's not been working for a while but it was useful while it lasted

Leighb

Visit site
Some also have a weather station online which can be useful if you live some way away, Shotley does/did, although it was a bit unreliable. Once showed winds of over 100 knots.

Looking at their site it has not been updated since 20/12, and the live weather is not working again :(

Not that it bothers me personally I am only a mile from the boat in summer and 200 yds at present :D

V1701

Visit site
I looked at the MDL web site today and nowhere could I find any berthing prices posted, only a lengthy online form to complete. As it was just a tentative enquiry ended up calling them instead. I would have thought berthing prices would be high on the list of what to have on your site, however if they are then they don't get the opportunity to "sell", possibly why no prices are posted?

zlod

Visit site
I consult the Quay Marinas website all the time as it has tide tables on it. It'll be even more useful when it has the locking times on it too (which I think is coming).

Other marina websites are really useful for locking times, fees and any pilotage information.

What I do not understand is why there are some marinas that don't have websites - like Sharpness and Burry Port marina. I can't see the point in investing in a marina and not investing in a website.

Boreades

Visit site
as an MDL berth holder I was looking at their website, and wondered "whats in it for me?" why do they keep changing it?

Do berth holders actually use their marinas website?, I see they all do weather and tides - if you do why and what do you actually find useful?

As an ex-MDL berth holder, I wish they'd change their printed brochure. My wife and children are still in the brochure for QAB, extolling the "family-friendliness" of MDL, even though we left five years ago. That was after they did unfriendly things to our yacht when they cocked-up a lift-out.