Many small batteries?

Rohorn

Visit site
Hi....I'm re-equipping with two 2 GM20s on my cat and new electrics too. After swimming through the posts of the last few days I am STRONGLY tempted to buy 8 or even 10 identical regular 70 ah calcium separated low/no maintenance car batteries. Prices locally work out at 1 euro per A/H for this popular size.
One for engine starting, one for the winch, these paralleled through a long cable and charged by one diesel. The other 6 or 8 batteries paralleled for domestic use, charged from the second diesel. This will at least double the original domestic battery a/h capacity, so they'll have a really easy life. They'll be less expensive, and with better packing factor and easier handling as a bonus. Expect to ditch them after two years, but hope for a pleasant surprise.
I'll add the possibility to exchange the duty between the diesels from time to time. I'll keep my Batman battery monitor, two solar panels and Aero6gen.
No more smart alternators and big deep cycle batteries which cost the earth and don't live up to their promises. This is a cheap and simple solution.
So, anything against paralleling several smaller identical batteries for the domestics?
Comments much appreciated...Cheers, R

Charge

<hr width=100% size=1>