Make cheap little containers to put things in

GHA

Visit site
The mesh was bought to make similar to put a bilge pump in hoping to keep the worst of the bits of rubbish which always finds a way into the bilges clear of the pump, but as the mesh was only sold by the metre - why stop there 🙂
So now the gaps at the end of shelves where you always just dump stuff can have little mesh boxes precisely made to measure to keep it tidy, probably more to come maybe velcroed to the side of the chart table, galley, cockpit - wherever!
Long length for the sides then rectangle for the bottom, A few cable ties to hold it together then sew over morning coffee! Followed by feeling rather good having made something useful with your own hands. 😎
A boat, especially a cruising boat, is a never ending process of slow change, a boat is a verb, not a noun 😁

1712218779691.png

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Look nice

I also have mad containers using the bottom of 5 lit plastic containers but the size is limited that fit on a shelf with a fron inside the upper part of any locker

I have also suspended containers like yours under a shelf with side angles to allow then to slide in under the shelf and out to access the container

images

Reactions: GHA

Refueler

Visit site
The old PBO Notebooks ... one idea they had was a saver on previous boats with storage under bunks that went back under cockpit ....

Take small boxes - sizes to suit ... and then with neat rope pieces join the boxes together as an endless row ...

That then means you can load each box - use the next one to push it under bunk .. load - push .. load ... push till all boxes are used. When you need anything - you can pull out the boxes one by one as they are connected till you get the item you want.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
The old PBO Notebooks ... one idea they had was a saver on previous boats with storage under bunks that went back under cockpit ....

Take small boxes - sizes to suit ... and then with neat rope pieces join the boxes together as an endless row ...

That then means you can load each box - use the next one to push it under bunk .. load - push .. load ... push till all boxes are used. When you need anything - you can pull out the boxes one by one as they are connected till you get the item you want.

Yes I also have the PBO sketch books and have lots of V good ideas as does The Finely fitted Yacht by Ferenc Mate

GHA

Visit site
Look nice

I also have mad containers using the bottom of 5 lit plastic containers but the size is limited that fit on a shelf with a fron inside the upper part of any locker

I have also suspended containers like yours under a shelf with side angles to allow then to slide in under the shelf and out to access the container

images
Done similar under the cockpit lockers for not often used kit. Lot of unused space down there! And going through this lot is like having a pet, always there for you 😁1712234571874.png

Those 2 springs up the top of the box..There must be a German word for that feeling of satisfaction you get when you keep something cos you just know it will have a use one day.... and that day arrives.. it will one day, & I'll go YESSS!! 😁😎

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I have some of these with a rod through rg drawers to keep then closed

1712245812174.jpeg1712245812174.jpeg

Having spent many yeas designing and making PCB micros I have lots of electronic plastic component drawers for very small items

The problem is too much storage just means you end up with too much junk which you are afrade to throw away as you will need that item 10 minutes after you disposed of that very item