Lost my License (VHF)

Allan

Visit site
I was told recently that the RYA have all the details on file for all certificates. I have an email address, if you would like it, feel free to PM me.
Allan

savsail

www.eltonmarineservices.com
VHF/SRC

How long ago was it since you attended the course?
If you can remember who you took the course with and contact them, most of us radio instructors keep a record of who passed what and when.
Other than that, RYA certification department may be able to help.

prv

Visit site
I was told recently that the RYA have all the details on file for all certificates

They do now, but they certainly didn't used to. My certificate has a note on the bottom saying, effectively, "don't come crying to us if you lose this".

Pete

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
When SWMBO tossed mine into the drink, along with my ICC and some other bits of paper, I got in touch with the RYA and they emailed me a set of forms to print our, fill in, sign and send back along with a cheque. They sent me new forms within a couple of days.

Now, that was for a course taken about 5 years ago and there may be problems with older certificates. When we took our course, we were given pass certificates by the school which we then had to send off to the RYA along with a passport photo; they then sent us the licences. If there was a different system in place in the past where you were issued the licence directly by the school then you may find things more difficult. However, you'll lose nothing by dropping the RYA an email to find out.

Baddox

Visit site
Thanks for all the advice and feedback. Allan has kindly provided an e-mail address for a contact at the RYA who has located my license number and provided a form to fill in to obtain a replacement. Total cost £25 and a passport photo.