Looks worrying

Warpa

Visit site
main.php

spannerman

Visit site
We have two such trucks and we have 10 mechanics so we are lifting boats up and down all day long into our two storey workshop and our boat hotel is 5 storeys high so the boats on the top shelf are over 40ft high when we rack them. Much easier than using strops and cranes as one man can retrieve a boat a place it on the water as they also go negative so we put them into the water at all states of tide.

Warpa

Visit site
Worrying? Not at all, all part of a normal day for me!

Must have been the angle, looks a lot better in the pic you gave. It was only a light haerted post with a pic here anyway, not sure why some get so uptight and have to be ultra critical in pretty much every post on here:rolleyes:

On the bright side my OD has just gone off for a service, engine to be done later in the week, new tow bar i have nearly finished (just the electrics to do) mooring ready, so boat in water hopefully to get some good use:D

BrendanS

Visit site
The forklift typically used at such places have supporting forks that can be adjusted, so they aren't like a typical drive up and ram into a pallet type of forklift. Watch them at work, and they maneuverer into place, then adjust the forks in and out until just right. Joy to watch an experienced driver, usually with a partner on the ground to give extra guidance, and cameras under the forks etc. Used to keep my boat dry berthed and the guys who ran that place were incredibly careful and skilled.

Warpa

Visit site
I dont have my ticket for a fork lift but have driven them for many years, back in the days when we used them on site before H&S interfered, then with my dads haulage company. We had a similar size X army one there for shifting containers, like i said it was a fun post and perhaps i should have put a ? after the worrying title knowing what you lot are like ;)