Looking for Co-owner, sort of, Medway

Concerto

Visit site
If you’re looking for budget, the Medway can be your friend, but a fin keel? A fin keel restricts you somewhat in sailing, and in berthing. All the advice above applies to your requirement for deep water, but there are clubs in the creeks that offer almost free berthing on the mud for boats with two keels, and fin keelers that don’t mind lying on their side when the tide goes out.
Commenting about keel configurations does not help the young lady as she already has a boat, a Hurley 24/70, which could have either fin or bilge keel configuration but has not mentioned which she has.

Being a Medway sailor since 1965, I have already recommended many places in posts #5 and #14. I offered to help her with clubs and moorings, but have yet to hear from her. She is probably not in the UK at present, but look forward to assisting her if she wants by private message.

seivadnehpets

www.schnark.home.blog
Commenting about keel configurations does not help the young lady as she already has a boat, a Hurley 24/70, which could have either fin or bilge keel configuration but has not mentioned which she has.

Being a Medway sailor since 1965, I have already recommended many places in posts #5 and #14. I offered to help her with clubs and moorings, but have yet to hear from her. She is probably not in the UK at present, but look forward to assisting her if she wants by private message.
You are right there.
Always too late, but after I’d posted I read carefully through this thread and I noticed that Joszcar hasn’t asked for any advice, she is clearly looking for a young competent person to keep an eye on her boat.
She has lit the touch paper and stood back, we’ve got excited, but there is no obvious way to get in touch unless she posts again on the forum.
I guess I was thinking how great it would be to have some nice young yank at my backwater club, but dream on!
(We are a little limited on demography ; )

Anyway, she’s bought the boat, but she hasn’t necessarily filled it with fine bone china and cut glass. She might be happy to lean it over!

seivadnehpets

www.schnark.home.blog

P.s.
She does specify experience with keel boats which I take to mean fin keel, not boats that can park on the mud.
But I suspect we’ll hear no more.

Dee Bee

Visit site
I think that if I was going to be away a lot and also to rely on someone without much responsibility for the boat, I would prefer the boat to be in the security of a marina rather than on a swinging mooring but then there is the question of cost.

Cobra

Visit site
For what it's worth and having raced dinghies on the Medway on many occasions, I would recommend that you made Hoo Ness YC your starting point! A very friendly club with decent facilities.

Were I to ever think of moving to another ditch, the Medway would be first choice...as it is I prefer Gods own river - the Colne, which face it offers some of the best sailing you will find anywhere in the UK! ;)

Josczar

Visit site
Hello,
I’m not a suitable candidate for what you request as although I’m in London, and I sail the Medway, I sail by preference a dinghy. More smile per mile!
However I’m always interested to crew on yachts for longer trips, to the continent perhaps.
You mention funds not being extravagant, and I expect Wales is a good place to bag a bargain boat, so that adds up. If you’re looking for budget, the Medway can be your friend, but a fin keel? A fin keel restricts you somewhat in sailing, and in berthing. All the advice above applies to your requirement for deep water, but there are clubs in the creeks that offer almost free berthing on the mud for boats with two keels, and fin keelers that don’t mind lying on their side when the tide goes out.
As another Londoner whose chosen the Medway as an accessible escape I’d love to meet you, and offer any help I can.
As for whether this is a good place for meeting up….
Well the regulars are all pretty well set up with boats, and struggle with their own maintenance and berthing, and looking for some enlightened soul who hasn’t encumbered themself with a boat of their own to look after, but that you’d trust to look after yours???
I’d try Crewbay.com
Anyway if you’ve time in London I’d like to meet you, and offer any help I can.
Best wishes,
Stephen
Hi, I know you responded quite a bit back but I wanted to say thanks for your response. And right, I do have a bilge keel, so I am interested in the cheapest mooring I can. Makes sense what you've said, and I can see from some of my replies that this maybe wasn't the best forum. I think a club would be my best bet, I just have to reconfigure my life so that me and my boat are on the same continent, but I guess I made my bed so I'm lying in it.
Anyway thanks again, really appreciate it, and I'll let you know if, I mean when, I get me and my boat to the Medway if you'd like to sail!

Cheers,
Josephine

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Might suggest , in the best of interests , that a 'Boat Minder' might be just what the Lady Poster would do best with ; someone who can 'keep an eye' on her boat , checking moorings , checking for rainwater in the boat , maybe a wash down etc etc :Someone who would treat Her boat as their own , for the time being ?

Just wish that I still lived up that way