Looking for an online chart of BUTE

nickjaxe

Visit site
Hi folks, I wonder can anybody point me to were I may find an online chart or info of the waters around the island of bute scotland, my mate wants to take his small inflatable up there in a few weeks and I told him I would see if I can find something out about the waters around there, he will be getting a chart but cannot get to one at the moment.

Regards Nick.

<hr width=100% size=1>

alisdair4

midnightdrifter.net
As a Brandane (ie, a native of Bute) I have scanned in the Admiralty Chart. Happy to send it to you if you have a fast connection. Alisdair

<hr width=100% size=1>"so long as all you want is a penguin’s egg"

nickjaxe

Visit site
Hi alisdair, that would be fantastic I would be very grateful to you if you can send it down to me, I am on broadband so no probs, brandane is that really what somebody from bute is called, I will have to pass that on to my mate he goes up there every year for his hols sounds a lovely place, my e-mail address is.

nickjaxe@ntlworld.com

Regards Nick.

<hr width=100% size=1>

starboard

Visit site
sail the area frequently from my home port of Troon, a magnifisent area to sail, nothing more spectacular this time of the year than the Kyles of Bute especially with the hills adorned in purple heather. Many nice anchorages plus the night life!!!!! of Rothsay...well at least its victorian loo's worth a look at or the magnifisent Mount Stuart house....good enough for Stella McCartneys wedding last September.

Paul.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://mappe.c-marina.com/partners/ucina/portsearch.asp?#>http://mappe.c-marina.com/partners/ucina/portsearch.asp?#</A>

There is indeed fully detailed info on Bute area. Just scroll north until you get to the UK, then zoom in on Glasgow area. Centre on Bute, and zoom again. The info is as fully detailed as you'll get on a paper chart.

<hr width=100% size=1>Me transmitte sursum, caledoni

nickjaxe

Visit site
Hi brendan, I did find bute on that site but the detailed info seemed to stop at the southern end of bute or have I missed something, the bit I need to have a look at is more to the north of bute.

Nick.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
The detailed stuff appears to be there, but I don't have a paper chart to compare to. In the northern end, you need to zoom in make bouys, fishfarms etc show. If it is showing a uniform light blue colour, zoom in further, 10,000 shows bouys etc. More detail appears to show when you zoom past that level

<hr width=100% size=1>Me transmitte sursum, caledoni

extravert

Not far from Uwchmynydd, near Bwlchtocyn, just up
Visit site
It's a good site for free, but I think that the information is either out of date, or not as detailed as can be obtained from C-Map cartridges and a plotter.

For an example near Bute, there are many more buoys round the Burnt Isles than are shown on the website. My C-Map plotter shows them, but the website does not, however much you zoom.

Still a very useful site though, and passes dull parts of the day. You can even get a chart of Rockall.

<hr width=100% size=1>My ultimate dream - sailing a superyacht on the Sea of Okhotsk