Lock etiquette

Ramage

Visit site
Re: Oh, yes, absolutely,

I would have answered sooner, but I am Tucson Arizona at present.

Nice green holiday... 747 burning loads of go-juice to get here, then Avis haven't got the car I ordered and upgrade me to a Hummer H3 at no extra charge!!

Ken Leninspart would have a fit.

Loads of money spent in West Marine. Just got to drive back up to Phoenix tomorrow to catch the flight home.

Sunburn still a bit uncomfortable...

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jecuk

Visit site
Re: I\'m sorry, but would disagree -

Wish I had checked. Two weekends ago, first time in our new boat, first time into a lock, ready for Teddington. Bang - have to lock at Richmond. Was a shock to the system!

teddington_lock

Visit site

You can always give us a ring to check ...... just don't be on the phone too long /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bradtarga34

Visit site

Just having a lookey at your web site and some cracking photo's on there taken on a very cold Feb morning, must have given the brass monkey's a scare! The lock is looking good too with the works going on, will have to get down for a butchers. When is it due to be completed?

No Regrets

Visit site

Your cards are marked JEC.....your cards are marked..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

teddington_lock

Visit site

The work on the island is due to be completed end of Feb / start of March ....

However ....

Then , the launch locks closes ( until the end of June ) to fit new gates and do chamber repairs . Which means we have the joy of using the barge lock for a good portion of the year ....

Always welcome ....

jecuk

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Your cards are marked JEC.....your cards are marked..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I back my 13tons of wood vs a bit of plastic....... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Particularly as I am rarely in full control anyway....!

No Regrets

Visit site

Unluckily for you, the Birchwood owners club (Thames region) have just traded the industrial strength Rock salt for some particularly voracious South African woodworm lava.

We are in the process of teaching them how to swim, after which time the only boats remaining will be Birchwoods.

Mwuahahahaaaaaaa.....

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site

I have to say after having a few on the way over to the US, I upgraded the Yachting World car to an H3 (I was not driving just paying!). The reason.....it was yellow and it was a hummer (and it matched my bike).

BUT it was without doubt THE worse car I have ever driven in my life and was so small (honestly) that people struggle to get out the back seats!

HUGE disappointment

No Regrets

Visit site

I can't think of a nice American car really.

Chrysler stuff is appalling quality, despite the novel designs, and none of them drive at all well compared to European brands. US Fords are all underwhelming, and GM products are verging on junk.

I'm always surprised how the Yanks are so fussy in latigation terms, but accept such cruddy, dated inefficient vehicles.

Their modern houses too, tend to look fantastic, but are made of prefabricated tissue paper, and show signs of distress after a decade or two.

A good reason to avoid Americans /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ramage

Visit site

You are not kidding. Probably the poorest amount of interior space for its size of any car ever.

Last year we had a Ford Explorer which I thought was useless. but even that was better than the Hummer.

Just got back, and drove home in SWMBOs Shogun.

Oh, the space and comfort.

RIP Ford & GM.

jecuk

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Unluckily for you, the Birchwood owners club (Thames region) have just traded the industrial strength Rock salt for some particularly voracious South African woodworm lava.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too much effort. Osmosis will take you out sooner or later. She went to Dunkirk, woodworm is not going to be a problem..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JKay

Visit site

Swan Vesta proof is she /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

magic little ship look after her

Good da' mate Joe

No Regrets

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Too much effort. Osmosis will take you out sooner or later. She went to Dunkirk, woodworm is not going to be a problem..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!