Lithium 304Ah Build

gregcope

Visit site
An update....

My engine water locked so our season was a litteral washout. We went no where.

However this was a good opportunity to check self-discharge. One concern was the Battery Management System (BMS) quesant draw. It should be very low... Bar an initial charge from solar, the batteries had no charge from mid-July 2022. Around mid-Nov I removed the Batteries to my unheated Garden shed. You can see the cold snap in mid-Dec and mid-Jan on the graphs.

So here are graphs. Last six months of Battery voltage, temperature, AH and SOC. Around 1% per month self-discharge which is decent. It will take around another three years to be empty... LifePo4 is an amazing chemistry...

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 19.17.36.png

Poey50

Visit site
An update....

My engine water locked so our season was a litteral washout. We went no where.

However this was a good opportunity to check self-discharge. One concern was the Battery Management System (BMS) quesant draw. It should be very low... Bar an initial charge from solar, the batteries had no charge from mid-July 2022. Around mid-Nov I removed the Batteries to my unheated Garden shed. You can see the cold snap in mid-Dec and mid-Jan on the graphs.

So here are graphs. Last six months of Battery voltage, temperature, AH and SOC. Around 1% per month self-discharge which is decent. It will take around another three years to be empty... LifePo4 is an amazing chemistry...

View attachment 149766

The cool temperatures would have helped but, nevertheless as you say, that is a good low self-discharge + BMS current draw.