Lightweight inflatable about 2.7m. 3D alternatives?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I'm after a lightweight inflatable tender (ideally well under 20kg so I can hoik it out of my lazarette) for use with an electric OB (Torqeedo / e-Propulsion), it has got to carry 2 adults in relative comfort, or 4 adults short distances occasionally, so probably about 2.7m or so would be ideal. Airdeck, wide, fat tubes and packs down small(ish). Won't be exposed to UV as will be packed away after use so PVC probably OK, and will be occasional use only so no need for major robustness.

3D the obvious choice.

Any others recommendable?

Stemar

Visit site
I had an Excel Ventura 230. I don't recommend it. Within a couple of years, the central towing eye tore off - nearly lost the damned thing, and the port & starboard eyes were coming unglued. After a few more years, re-glueing the rowlocks and other bits became a regular job.

It finally died from a spit seam, and I got a 3D. Very light, does what it says on the tin, can be rowed as well as any inflatable and my 3.5 4T will get it on the plane one up. No complaints so far, but it's only been a month or two.

youen

Visit site
I had a 3D tender 2.40 it was a disaster the fabric was very light ,very fragile, and the worst was the stability ,I had to take the outboard engine from the transom and immediatly the dinghy flip over and I was thrown in the water

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Looking at the 3D specs, one range is only 1.3m wide with 34cm tubes, that’s the very lightweight one. All their others, plus other tenders from other manufacturers, are about 1.55m wide with 40+cm wide tubes. That probably explains how they get the weight down but also why they might not feel as stable.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site