lewmar 30 winch repairs?

paulsmith

Visit site
I took the top off my winch for a service and found that one of the small pawls at the top had with age worn the hole it sits in very slightly but just enough to allow it to slide out of position and allowing the other one on the opposite side to do all the work.Its now only a matter of time before the overloaded pawl fails.Does anybody do refurbs/repairs?

winchservicing

www.winchservicing.com
The standard (non-self tailing) winches haven’t changed much in design since the mid 70’s so it is possible that the drum on the current Lewmar Ocean range winches will fit your winch.. Designs do change without it being obvious to the eye. A simple gear ratio change will make the old gears and drums obsolete.

The Manuals on the Lewmar site are for the current Ocean range only, they do not cover pre-1991 winches.
As a rule of thumb. If the part number begins with 15----, 18----, or 19--- it has been carried over from earlier versions. If it starts with 45--, 48--- or 49--- it is a new part for latest Ocean winches-post 1991.

It is worth contacting the guys at Lewmar to check. Let them know the model, type, age of the winch and what parts you need. Don’t just order it and expect it to fit-it might not!

Any problems contact me!

Cliff.