Letter from the front

oldgit

Visit site
Argh no no.Crunch grind scratch gouge in the gel coat bits with your boat , soon to be very Mr unhappy.That boat of yours prob weighs in at nearly ton out of the water.
Poss Ok for short nip ashore on nice sandy beach for short time (or round here icky type mud) but dragging yer boat back in water with winch ???

<hr width=100% size=1>My little Princess/forums/images/icons/laugh.gifthe 33 of course.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: myth of beaching

Ah But. Me and TCM have decided on a quite light fishy type thing. The beach at Lulworth is very steep and very protected. Less wind blowing wrong way, and if having BBQ, just have to kick boat back a bit now and then. Or with anchor and pulley system. Can send boat out to sea a bit, then pull it back to beach at tea time. We are not daft. Well not me anyway!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Boat weighs 2852 lbs, which is just under 1.5 tons empty, so I see what you mean about possible damage, but I am waiting to hear about the landing strips for the hull. Are you around over the weekend?

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

tcm

Visit site
Re: well i am

from about 50 yds off, wham the boat up the beach at 20ish knots. Choose a steep and not rocky bit. Turn engine off just as enter shallowest water. Boat stops v nicely bout 20 yds up the beach, and step onto dry beach. Tuxedo optional. Consider rubbing strake on keel if doing this a lot.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site
Re: go on then

Do try this next week. To get a few metres up the beach, so tuxedo stays dry, you need to switch motor off at about 30kts. The deceleration is about 2x max brakes in the car (=3x galaxy brakes). Passengers lose teeth on bow roller. Seatbelts would help :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: botox!

You ever been in there on a southerly?

I've been in there in many wind/sea conditions. Sometimes it's quite benign. Other times I've been in when it's calm, then when leaving an hour later very rough out through the entrance.

If you get it wrong, it's a bugger.

Usually when inside, it's fine, but it's not a beach I'd run any boat of mine onto. If you want to try it with a fishy thingy that's OK, and let us know how you get on.

How many times you been there??

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsilver

Visit site

Som why has no one mentioned a RIB? Easy to use, fast, roomy, easily beachable, not too expensive and easy to sell when they want another boat. Would not suggest a bbq on board /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: botox!

Been there about three times. Usually after a trip up to that awfull place. The Solent. As the Solent has been struck off my itinery, along with Pool. It unfortunatly means that Lulworth and also Weymouth have lost out too. Course i've only called into Lulworth when the sea has been dead flat. Other times (mostly) we have gone straight to Weymouth. No point in going to Lulworth in rough seas or pissing down. Would have thought that the beach was steep enough to land folk off the bow of my P35. Still keeping the props in deep water. Course I aint going to try it cos it's a good six foot high, so they would break there leg and certainly not get on again!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
smiling.gif
Haydn

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

Err! not seen many toilets and galleys on RIB's, perhaps the odd cabin RIB but they are very expensive. I considered a RIB but felt that it was too exposed for my family circumstances at this time. I have only had my boat two weeks and am very grateful for the cuddy cabin with the baby.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Alistairr

Visit site

Beaching strips, you don't nessasery need one, we beached last season half a dozen times without any damage to my hull, but you have to be careful steep beaches are obviously better than shallow one, make sure you lift the leg early enough and most importantly watch out for any rocks under water, we usually had a guy in his wet suit in the water checking the path was clear for us. But when you are going to the same place several times you get to know the best landing sites are. Taking it easy is the name of the game.
I am getting a beaching strip fitted to the keel of my new boat, i think from memory it was about £20 per foot, and on my 23' boat i was advised that 10' would be required, it is glued to the keel before you antifoul and does not protude any further forward than your anti-foul water line, so hence you don't see it.
I was worried it might spoil the looks of the boat and the performance and handling of it, but was assured it wouldn't.
If you want to know who to get it from PM me and i can get the details from my dealer.

<hr width=100% size=1>CHEERS.

Help needed to name new boat, PLEASE.

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

That is very nice of you, but on second thoughts I will stick to parking in marinas. I still have to practice anchoring yet, but if I drift on to a beach I am sure I will say I was practicing a beach landing /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Cheers,