LED replacement bulbs for cabin lights

ColinR

www.victoriashadow.co.uk
I am looking for those 10W pointed at both end ones but in a warm white as opposed to the whiter than white ones I have at the moment. I'm sure I saw an ad recently but can I find it? Anyone have an idea where to get them?

thanks

Colin

ColinR

www.victoriashadow.co.uk
thanks, yes. I just did the obvious and searched this forum. I came up with this: http://www.searolf.com/? which is the sort of thing I am after.

merchant_return_link=Return+to+SEAROLF+LED+Ltd
I stand to be corrected, but I think the correct term for them is festoon bulbs. I could do with an LED one as well for my cabin light. (The rest of mine are battery LED ones)..sort of basic boating.

Is this the sort of thing you need?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/festoon.html

Tim

Norman_E

Visit site
You need to measure festoon bulbs before you replace them, as they come in different lengths. As short as 31mm up to 44mm are common. There are lots of cheap ones on e-bay, and although I have not bought festoon bulbs yet I have sourced G4 fitting bulbs like this from Hong Kong to replace halogen bulbs in cabin light fittings.

Puggy

Visit site
Colin, I have replaced all my festoon and other cabin light bulbs with LEDs from Searolf - great service and reasonable prices, plus very patient when i ordered a load the wrong size and had to send them back.

Piers

RobF

Visit site
I replaced mine with LED bulbs from Bedazzled who provided an excellent service! They soldered some wires on to their bulbs which meant I just had to connect them into the wiring using a terminal block - see picture for details. Took about 10 mins per bulb.

ostell

Visit site
I've bought some cabin lights from Bedazzled and quite impressed with the results. They do have the option of bright white or warm white. I chose warm white.

For "bulbs" that do not contain them internally they give separate components for surge and spike suppression. I fitted these at the switch panel but there are simple instructions.