LED cabin lights - a recommendation for a supplier

TimfromMersea

Boat at West Mersea, Essex. Live in Wivenhoe, Esse
Visit site
I have just bought LED cabin light bulbs from:-

Home - Aten Lighting
Helpful advice on figment, and very quick delivery, of new LED bulbs to replace the halogen bulbs in the Aqua Signal cabin downlighting on my Beneteau.

I’m very pleased indeed! They are much brighter than the old bulbs and fitted in easily - all I had to do is take the light out and drill out the little rivet that held the reflector on. The LEDs of course don’t need a reflector as they are directional.

They are not only brighter but use a fraction of the power that the halogens did. A win - win deal all round. The total cost for all the 10 lights on the boat was less than £50 including carriage.

I’m delighted with such an effective and cheap upgrade and would recommend Aten Lighting wholeheartedly. I have already given their details to a Yacht Club friend who has placed an order.

Needless to say I have no connection with the company other than as a customer.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I am looking to replace some of my cabin lights with red/white. So far I've only found a cold white/red combination.

If anybody knows a supplier, or how to change a cold white to a warm white, please let me know.

Current set up is from Boatlamps.

oldgit

Visit site
Most MoBo with a lot less need to be careful about battery storage converted from incandescent and fluorescent lamps to LED years and years ago !
Why so slow to change in the yachting world. ?

Dutch01527

Visit site
I fitted these to replace all internal lights except the red night lights.

Amazon.co.uk

Not the cheapest but I wanted the dimmable capability so I had a full range of options. They also have a switchable choice of cool white or soft white lighting. Very pleased with them.

robmcg

Visit site
+1 for Aten lighting. I used them to replace some LEDs from bedazzled that failed prematurely. The Aten versions put out more light than the bedazzled ones for the same money.

Refueler

Visit site
I wanted something I could add quick and without having to wire in ....

Cupboard LED strip lights ... I was surprised at how bright and how long they ran on a charge ...

I realise its not what many want - they want reading light standard ... but these cupboard lights really work. The only matter to watch is that they mount by magnets inside ---- you stick a metal strip where you want them ... then just put light on the strip ... to charge - just take it down and plug in USB ...

something like this :>

USB Rechargeable LED PIR Motion Sensor Light Strip Wireless Cabinet Closet Lamp | eBay

The ones I bought have remote control ... PIR motion ... variable light dimming ....