Leather lined SS fender hooks

JohnR

Visit site
Anyone know of a supplier of leather lined stainless steel fender hooks which fit over a 4" teak bulwark capping? I know I have seen them advertised somewhere, tried Baseline but its not them. These things look something like the sprung steel clips for holding drawing paper to a draftsman's board.

tcm

Visit site
Re: Grand Banks

use google for "fender hooks" is the best i could do. Boatleather.com are yanks

You're becoming an anti-hero for GB, john. Boat weeks late, and loads of gear not supplied as part of the deal like er anchor chain, fenders, lines and so on.

JohnR

Visit site
Re: Grand Banks

Hold on there; as a new member of the unemployed (or retired) I have taken on part of the responsibility of getting some of the gear that "comes as standard" so that I can make choices. Only yesterday I was saying to Boat Showrooms "for God's sake give me some parameters as to the cost of televisions" and all I had in reply was "well we know you won't go over the top, just go out and choose what you want and send us the bill".
The anchors and anchor chains were not put on board in Singapore because they are made in Britain and there seemed no sense in shipping out half a ton or more of British steel only to ship it all back again but Grand Banks are paying for them.
There was a slight leak in the steering hydraulics, does someone come and stuff a new washer in - no, a whole new pump turns up on board yesterday.