Land Storage places Northern Ionian

HenryB

www.ballgate.com
There are 3 good yards at Preveza. I've used Preveza Marine and had excellent service. Cleopatra and Preveza Marine have travelhoists, the third yard Aktion uses hydraulic trailers.

Vlikho (near Nidri on Lefkas) is a very safe and free anchorage - you can arrange with one of the locals to check your boat while you are away.

There is a unfinished marina on Trizonia in the Gulf of Corinth where you can leave your boat safely and arrange with a local to look after it. It's not too difficult travelling to and from Athens using bus and taxi.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
The Olympic Boat Yard (called that long before the games even thought of) Lavrion Greece. On the mainland south of Athens , round the bottom. Huge dry storage. Hauls around 400 Sunsail boats each winter. The perfect place to leave a boat for winter and safety and security. You can work on the boat yourself but they have excellent stainless and boat repair facilities.

Michael

davidbains

Visit site
Re: Land Storage places Northern Ionian

I can certainly second Henry's recommendation of Preveza Marine.
Aqua Blue spent at leat six winters there. The staff speak good English and will stick to appointments made weeks or months in advance.

chrisgee

Visit site
currently using Aktio Marine ( one of the three mentioned @ Preveza) Very good yard run by helpful people.
Would be wary of leaving in the water , especially at Vlicho or Tranquil Bay-- reports of on board robberies taken place recently and by alll accounts done by another yottie !! he needs the cat of nine tails IMHO.
Trizonia is proably safer but again you could be in the hands of someone you don`t know to keep their eye on your boat -- no thanks.

Shakey

The People\'s Republic Of South Yorkshire
Visit site
To add to HenryB's post, there are some boatyards near Vliho/Nidri that will take your boat.

It will be propped up on old oil barrels and wooden beams and launched in spring on rollers daubed in pig fat. I kid you not. No one seems to mind though.

Also, that area is earthquake prone. When I was there a big one struck and loads of boats that were on the hard fell over and were damaged.

Vliho has very good holding as the bottom is thick mud. The holding can be that good you can't get the hook back out!

johnneale

Visit site
We use Margarona boatyard in Preveza - Big advantage here that you can walk (or E$2 taxi) into town - unlike Aktio, Preveza and Cleopatra which on other side of the bay - Its a scruffy little yard but very friendly. Call Dimitri on 02682 026593

Very handy for shopping, diy repairs etc.

Cheers