Kittrina - dismasted.

Gsailor

Visit site
'A long time ago and not so very far, far away...' I helped the ancient owner of a very-nearly-new 10m Danish trimaran bring the thing south after a bout of Scottish Islands Peaks Race. The rig fell down right in the middle of the Irish Sea, at night and just after 'a bit of a blow'. Uncertain of whether it was insured or not, we ( er, me ) dragged the tangled mess back on board, stripped and lashed it to the deck. It was then we had a close encounter with a nuclear attack submarine running surfaced....

Anyway, the rig failure was discovered as down to the complete absence of a forestay top toggle. The boat's agent/broker was a rigger by trade.
A novella of that episode is something I would read.

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
Wow.

Pbo please.

Does. Spraying a substance onto ss help?

I used to spray graphite impregnated grease into all the standing rigging at deck level because I knew it could fail.

I also knew ss needed oxygen to work properly ( hence ss rudder stocks always struck me as odd and emergency steering was stored to hand).

Quite a story you have there of more than one failure.

I hope something is learned by someone or everyone (preferably) and hope you are paid for an article that does the aforesaid.
Maybe I should compile the whole thing into an article for PBO (or similar) to print.

Do you get paid for such articles?

zoidberg

Visit site
A novella of that episode is something I would read.

53131745342_5e8e82e103.jpg