King's Lynn

urbansailor

Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, and after for some advice. I am looking to keep a 26" bilge keeler somewhere between King's Lynn and Boston. Any advice on marinas in the area, ideally not too expensive, and with the possibility to keep the boat on the hard for an extended period (1 year, maybe more) during extensive refitting. Any and all info will be much appreciated!

Boz

Visit site
Fosdyke is not a bad idea, they have some hard standing, although I'm not convinced of the security and there is not a lot of shelter from the East if you intend to work on her over the winter ..... or you could stick her on a trailer and take her home :)

Last edited:

Fosdyke Wash

Visit site
+1 for Fosdyke. Yard space and possibly space in the shed if you need it. Chandlery, shipwright and engineering services available on site but no objection to doing your own work. Good food at the pub - everything else is a drive away.
The marina is 6 miles upriver from Tabs Head and the streams run hard - best time to return is high water/slack (or you need total faith in your engine - the A17 bridge is just upriver of the pontoons).
The showers/toilets are primitive and there is traffic noise.
I berthed there for 3 years and would happily return.

CX54WEK

Visit site
The marina at Boston is nice and friendly. They don't have hardstanding facilities there but the marina upriver at Dog Dyke do.

urbansailor

Visit site
Thank you all so much for the pointers! Will keep you posted with any developments! Thinking about it, I'll probably need lots of help along the way...! :encouragement:

CX54WEK

Visit site
Good advice this, but better still would be space in a barn, with electricity available - it's going to be a cold winter and the cost of trailing a 26 footer a few miles will be small compared to hard standing charges.

How do you know it's going to be a cold winter? :D